Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Hi all. New member here.

MR2 Fan
    It's white, but got to be worth a look Peter! http://www.mr2mk1club.com/showthread...sale-77k-miles

MR2 Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich135 View Post
    It's white, but got to be worth a look Peter! http://www.mr2mk1club.com/showthread...sale-77k-miles
    Hi Rich

I've just been looking at the ad! I must admit I'm not keen personally on the wrap that a lot of people are going for these days. Having said that, the price isn't bad at all if the car itself is solid. I'm gonna think about it a bit before getting in touch with Robert. I'm not going to bother him unless I'm serious. For some reason, I can't view the pics in the thread linked to, so that doesn't help either.

I really appreciate you posting about it! Cheers!

Peter.
    Last edited by peterhardy123; 17th June 2020 at 08:47 AM.

MR2 Fan
    Sounds very sensible Peter. I would certainly want a few detailed close up photo's before going much further

It certainly sounds like a well looked after example for the price. at 77K miles it is below average there and having had all the suspension already done is a bonus.
    The underside condition would a deciding factor on it i think. If all the welding done was done properly then it should be clean and hopefully not need any more doing.
    I agree on the wrap though, it doesnt quite have the same look as the paint.
    Yes i talk to myself, sometimes i need a professional opinion

MR2 Newbie
    Cheers Rich

Good point about the underside condition, Martin

MR2 Newbie
    Hi, Understand the comments. I will take some pictures tomorrow and post. I have booked for a check over and MOT on Monday. Wrap is a personal choice and I could have had the rear quarters painted instead, but I preferred the wrap with black roof - I like the Honda NSX type look. Thanks for any interest

Robert

MR2 Newbie
    Hi Robert

Thanks for your post. I'm looking forward to seeing your pics of the car. Fingers crossed for you for the MOT on Monday. It's always nice when it's done for another year. I'm in the market for a T-Bar so any info you can supply re condition, service history, work done etc would be much appreciated .

This lockdown lark doesn't help either as it means that, currently, I wouldn't be able to come and have a look.

Best regards

Peter.

MR2 Newbie
    Hi,

Have added pics to the sale thread.

WhatsApp me if you want more

Robert

MR2 Fan
    Hi Peter, worth keeping an eye on this car. https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/1987-toyota-mr2

It's very low miles, but has had some welding done, so would need a really good check underneath. The engine bay needs a really big tidy up, but that's not hard to do. Wheel have been repainted by the look of it, as the tear drops are the same silver colour (should be grey) and the seats have been re-trimmed but look good. Might be good if it goes for a good price.

Rich

MR2 Newbie
    Hi Rich

That's a good find! I'm going to register and pop a bid in. I will let you know how it goes.

A big issue for me is that I have a number of health issues which mean there's lots of things I can no longer do, so would have to pay someone else to do them. It's extremely frustrating but it is what it is. I will have to factor this in when considering any car. Ideally, it would be fabulous to find a completely sorted car, with everything done. I realise that this would cost a lot more and I have a realistic budget (I think) in place. If I can find one like this one you've found, get it for the right price and can fettle it below this budget then happy days!

Many thanks, Rich!

Peter.