Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Hi all. New member here.

MR2 Newbie
    I've just had a read through of the Collecting Cars FAQ's for buyers. These state that:

"When you are the highest bidder in a Collecting Cars online auction, and the auction lot has met or exceeded the reserve, we charge you a 6% premium including VAT (minimum of £600, with a cap at £6,000).

When an auction lot sells successfully on the platform, a 6% premium including VAT (£600 minimum and £6,000 maximum) is automatically deducted from the highest bidder’s credit card. This is a fee for using the platform and not a down payment on the auction lot. You are then digitally ‘introduced’ to the seller to complete the transaction. There are NO refunds on the buyer’s premium."

So in other words, I would be charged £600 minimum as a none refundable introducer fee for being introduced to the seller. If the car is not as described, faulty etc etc and the sale does not go through for any reason whatsoever then I would still be out the £600. There's nothing in the Buyers FAQ's to bind the seller to completing the sale either.

I'm really not happy with these terms and conditions so I won't be proceeding. I think a £600 minimum charge is too much, especially when it's paid before even being put in touch with the seller and the sale completed.

A really big thank you anyway, Rich!

Peter.

MR2 Fan
    You're welcome Peter. Sorry to hear of your health issues, but hopefully they won't stop you getting out and enjoying a drive once you find a car.

This does look like a pretty good honest example. I do find it strange that someone has taken so much care with the outside and interior and then can't even be bothered to give the engine bay a bit of a wipe down for the pictures, but I guess we are all different.

If you want any close up photo's of mine to compare to this one, feel free to PM me and I can do them easily.

All the best

Rich

MR2 Newbie
    Hi Rich

Completely agree. If you're after the best price possible you would think that the engine bay would be at least clean.

I'm really pee'd off at the buyers premium set at £600 minimum. If it had been even £200 I might have considered it. I will keep an eye on the auction, out of interest.

Thanks for your thoughts and offer of photos, Rich

MR2 Fan
    Ouch, I hadn't realised that Peter!! The auction site I thought about selling my last classic on was this one and they charge the seller 5% which I think is reasonable. https://themarket.co.uk/

I agree, another £600 on top of the final price, plus a new set of tyres (£200) and that front brake pipe, so you are £1k down before you have even started looking for jobs to tidy up....

The price would have to be pretty good but you never know!

MR2 Newbie
    Yes, that website seems much more reasonable at 5% plus VAT with no minimum charge, Rich.

It's annoying as I would definitely be interested otherwise

I've just read that website's FAQ's too, Rich. It's the seller who pays the fees, not the buyer!! What a shame the MR2 isn't for sale there!

Edit - Doh!! The seller paying the fees is what you said. I read your post and made it say the buyer, in my head
    Last edited by peterhardy123; 7th July 2020 at 03:40 PM.