Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Project wanted

MR2 Lurker

Project wanted

Hi everyone,

I’m new to the forum, hoping to find a bit of a project to save a mk1. My uncle had one when I was younger so always had a soft spot. Anything considered, what’s out there?

Cheers

Welcome to the club, there isnt any projects for sale on the forum at the moment but keep your eyes peeled on ebay and facebook im sure there will be a suitable one.
    Feel free to ask questions about any you have seen for sale and are thinking about getting.
    Best of luck with the upcoming restoration.
    Please start a project thread once you have a car. We all like to see one getting saved.
    Yes i talk to myself, sometimes i need a professional opinion

MR2 Lurker
    I certainly will be keeping my eyes peeled! I think some patience will be required.

MR2 Fan
    Likewise I don't know of any at the moment. Are you looking for an MOT failure type project, or a running usable car to spruce up?

Welcome, glad to see someone else wanting to save an MR2. There are no stupid questions on this forum, so don't be shy to ask.

Projects have become fewer the last few years. You could easily find a cheap MR2 that just needed some love. Just need that patience.

Hi, welcome to the forum.
    There are MK1s out there needing attention, its just finding the right one for you. I managed to pick this one off of someones drive as I wanted to save one too.
    Mine is being restored at a classic car restorers as I have no skill to get it up to shape at the moment, but its been there for 1 1/2 years so far....
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Photo 25-07-2018, 09 14 54.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	98.5 KB 
ID:	5353

MR2 Lurker
    MOT failure type project or running I’m not fussy. As long as it’s not completely rotten it’s a go. I’m expecting welding work.

Do you have a budget on buying a car and how much would you be looking at spending to get it how you want it

MR2 Lurker
    Hundreds rather than thousands!!! And no budget as such as it will be a bit of a side hobby over a decent period of time.

they are available for that price but dont expect anything other than totally rotten for less than 500. sub 1k should get you a restorable one though aslong as your patient and wait for the right one
    Yes i talk to myself, sometimes i need a professional opinion