Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Soon to be owner of a Sherwood 86 MR2 !

MR2 Newbie

Soon to be the owner of a 1986 Sherwood Tone MR2 !

Hi Folks ,

Very excited ..Found myself a Beauty in Canada ...I live in the USA in New York and found the 86 MR2 in the Canadian Autotrader and will be having it transported 2,300 miles to New York ....Will have to get use to the Mileage and Speedometer in Kilometers ...lol ..Car has been owned by the same woman for 33 years only driven during the summer months and always garaged with 105,000 Kilometers (65,000 miles) original paint no rust ....Looking forward to share my thoughts and experiences with this forum ....I guess i am too new to upload pictures ....

Just out of curiosity not sure if its a Canadian thing but the Headrests on the car i bought are Leather/Vinyl and noticed on other 86 MR2's that the Headrests are cloth that match the cloth seats ...Was this a dealer installed option back in the day ? Does the UK have 86 MR2's driving around with these all Leather/Vinyl Headrests? Any info is much appreciated ..Thanks

Last edited by xanderman66; 8th September 2019 at 01:16 PM.

MR2 Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by xanderman66 View Post
    Hi Folks ,

Very excited ..Found myself a Beauty in Canada ...I live in the USA in New York and found the 86 MR2 in the Canadian Autotrader and will be having it transported 2,300 miles to New York ....Will have to get use to the Mileage and Speedometer in Kilometers ...lol ..Car has been owned by the same woman for 33 years only driven during the summer months and always garaged with 105,000 Kilometers (65,000 miles) original paint no rust ....Looking forward to share my thoughts and experiences with this forum ....I guess i am too new to upload pictures ....

Just out of curiosity not sure if its a Canadian thing but the Headrests on the car i bought are Leather/Vinyl and noticed on other 86 MR2's that the Headrests are cloth that match the cloth seats ...Was this a dealer installed option back in the day ? Does the UK have 86 MR2's driving around with these all Leather/Vinyl Headrests? Any info is much appreciated ..Thanks

I figured out how to upload pictures !

A big welcome to you from across the pond. The car looks fabulous and I am sure you’ll love it.

Regarding the headrests, they would not have been like that originally therefore at some point someone has either lost the originals or they wanted something different. They would have been in matching material and colours to the rest of the seat which would have been the front and back sections in black ribbed material and the side panels in the velour colour of your seat squab.

Like this but obvs not blue:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 3C4AB88F-4F12-4A4B-8CCC-527A5A331DB5.jpg  

MR2 Fan
    Wow what a lovely looking car! Good luck with the shipping and post some more detailed pictures up soon,

Rich

MR2 Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich135 View Post
    Wow what a lovely looking car! Good luck with the shipping and post some more detailed pictures up soon,

Rich

Thanks Rich ....The car hasnt been transported yet . Hoping it happens this week ....I have never driven a first gen MR2 but i currently own a 1990 Mazda MX5 so im thinking its very similar in driving dynamics .

MR2 Newbie
    https://youtu.be/8jF5a9grKC4So EXCITED !!!....The MR2 was picked up today in Kamloops , BC ...It took the Top Bunk of the trailer ....I had requested from the Seller Lilly to send me pics as it was being loaded on the trailer and also a picture of the Driver with the 3 keys and original Insurance/Title document in his hand that he has to bring me ... There is a photo of Lilly (the Owner) and her partner Peter who washed the car yesterday standing beside her "Baby" before being loaded on the Truck ..Its Clean now but i know its going to be one dirty ass car after its 2,300 mile Journey to New York ..

Check out the you tube video of the MR2 I included as well saying farewell to Canada ���� and Hello to The USA ���� New York !
    Last edited by xanderman66; 12th September 2019 at 05:10 AM.

MR2 Fan
    The pic of Lilly isn't showing up on my pc for some reason. Ah bless then, I bet that is an upsetting time for them You will have bugs splattered to the rear end of the car, probably the first time ever!

Rich

MR2 Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich135 View Post
    The pic of Lilly isn't showing up on my pc for some reason. Ah bless then, I bet that is an upsetting time for them You will have bugs splattered to the rear end of the car, probably the first time ever!

Rich
    Yes ! ..LOL it will literally have a Dirty Ass by the time it gets to New York .....Is it showing up now ?

MR2 Fan
    Not on my screen I am afraid, I just get these symbols ���

Same here no pictures just symbols for a broken link.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro