Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2 x V6's for sale.

Hybrid View

The white one looks really tidy! Seems a bit steep

MR2 Enthusiast
    The white one was up for sale a few months back but it looked less nice and probably needed an exhaust. I think the current owner must have had the exhaust done and then realised it wasnt what he really wanted?

After the experience with my "untouched 46000 mile example" I would worry that it may be expensive and inwardly rotten dispite the good MOT history

Quote Originally Posted by Evo4Jon View Post
    The white one was up for sale a few months back but it looked less nice and probably needed an exhaust. I think the current owner must have had the exhaust done and then realised it wasnt what he really wanted?

After the experience with my "untouched 46000 mile example" I would worry that it may be expensive and inwardly rotten dispite the good MOT history
    From what I've seen, no AW11 is free from the rust monster. I'm going to change all the bushes on mine over the course of the future (Untouched 32,000 mile example) and it looks like the from valence rust is getting worse.

The MOT history shows it has been off the road from 2007 to 2016. No history of rust. Few minor problems of no worry for a car of its age. A summer fling for its owner I guess.

i think your right, no such thing as rust free although from what i have seen of your car it's about as close as your going to get. The white one does look very tidy so might be worth it although it is just a 3vz.
    Yes i talk to myself, sometimes i need a professional opinion

MR2 Enthusiast
    Yes the 3 VZ has cast iron block and puts out around 185 bhp. I am not sure that it suits the MR2 as much as a rev-happy 4age. Hmmm

Quote Originally Posted by Evo4Jon View Post
    Yes the 3 VZ has cast iron block and puts out around 185 bhp. I am not sure that it suits the MR2 as much as a rev-happy 4age. Hmmm
    They are good engines but need a bit of pepping up to be worth fitting imo. The 1mz by comparison is lighter and more powerfull so is my prefered choice unless i stumble acros enough money for a 2gr.

However i would also like to see about pushing a 4age a bit further in my next project, i have seen a few people making nice power out of the na 1.6 and its such a nice engine. If you ever need persuading about how good it is then have a look for the Formula Atlantic 4age.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin42006 View Post
    They are good engines but need a bit of pepping up to be worth fitting imo. The 1mz by comparison is lighter and more powerfull so is my prefered choice unless i stumble acros enough money for a 2gr.

However i would also like to see about pushing a 4age a bit further in my next project, i have seen a few people making nice power out of the na 1.6 and its such a nice engine. If you ever need persuading about how good it is then have a look for the Formula Atlantic 4age.
    I'd like to have a 4AGE with 160hp at least. Your at that 100hp/L sweet spot.

Intial D had a Formula Atlantic in an AE86

Quote Originally Posted by Sillyhatday View Post
    I'd like to have a 4AGE with 160hp at least. Your at that 100hp/L sweet spot.

Intial D had a Formula Atlantic in an AE86
    That was my thoughts too. My target was going to be 150hp at the wheels. The formula atlantic engine was an NA at 260hp iirc although it had to be rebuild after every race but thats what it was designed to do.

MR2 Enthusiast
    Yep, I spoke with Paul Woods a few weeks ago and he has concluded that a turbo 4age is a great option. I like the NA feeling as I have 2 turbo cars already.