Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: 1988 White T-bar

MR2 Fan
    All done and everything functioning again. That was a very satisfying job, even through from the outside, no one is every going to know that anything has been done

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5553.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	91.0 KB 
ID:	6123

MR2 Fan
    It was MOT day today and I am pleased to say we passed! The guys at the garage kept telling me how much they loved the car, which is always nice to hear

I had one advisory, a slight leak from the exhaust between the manifold and the mid pipe. I joined them a couple of years ago and probably didn't use enough paste, so I can have a look at that in a few weeks.

800 miles between MOTs - I blame COVID but even so - that's not good enough!!

Great to hear another pass!
    Did you put new gaskets in-between the exhaust and manifold? I may have some spares if you need them.
    I was looking at my mot history the other day and my car only completed 161 miles from its MOT in 2007 and its last one back in June 2020. I have since added another 1000 since then!
    Last edited by MR2 Michael; 17th March 2021 at 02:46 PM.

Another pass is great news. its a lovely example so its nice to hear that the mot station appreciates it.
    Mine has only managed 3k miles in the past 7 months which is poor going for me.
    Yes i talk to myself, sometimes i need a professional opinion

MR2 Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by MR2 Michael View Post
    Great to hear another pass!
    Did you put new gaskets in-between the exhaust and manifold? I may have some spares if you need them.
    No I don't think I did Michael, I think I just used paste. If you can find them I would love to buy one of them off of you!

Thanks

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by Rich135 View Post
    No I don't think I did Michael, I think I just used paste. If you can find them I would love to buy one of them off of you!

Thanks

Rich
    I will have a look for you. I think you need two between the manifold and front pipe and one between the front pipe and rear back box section.
    I'm replacing my exhaust in a couple of weeks and it came with 3 gaskets. I'm pretty certain that I have two more somewhere in the garage.

MR2 Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by MR2 Michael View Post
    I will have a look for you. I think you need two between the manifold and front pipe and one between the front pipe and rear back box section.
    I'm replacing my exhaust in a couple of weeks and it came with 3 gaskets. I'm pretty certain that I have two more somewhere in the garage.
    Great thanks, let me know when you do yours and then I will try and tackle mine