Thread: White mk1a

MR2 Lurker

White mk1a

Hi everyone. Rebuilding a mk1a in white for somebody and it's very difficult when the donor car is a mk1b and youre using the mk1b engine

Looking to find out what # of intake manifold a mk1a 4age should have as we need one with the yellow sensor.

Ive got alot of project pics to share and alot of build threads to reference for pics and info. Thanks

IMO the easiest way, involving the least work/incompatibility problems would be to keep all the ancillaries from the 1a and just use the bare 1b engine.
    If you try to mix and max components you"ll have problems, many parts aren't interchangeable, distributor, injectors, ecu, engine wiring harness have differences. (not an exhaustive list, I may have forgotten things)

If you need the part number for the 1a intake, PM me the 1a VIN # and I'll look it up in the EPC.
    Last edited by jimi; 26th June 2021 at 09:51 AM.
    Black is not a colour ! .... Its the absence of colour

MR2 Lurker
    thanks i've got a 1a intake coming from neiljones now

i'll get some pics uploaded of how far the shell has come now

so far i've managed to get 1a injectors, 1a vsv (under intake) 1a engine bay fuse box loom, 1a engine loom, 1a ecu

almost everything else has plugged in so far

does the 1a have an o2 sensor? as i've got one in my exh manifold but don't actually see a plug on the loom for it so far

The yellow sensor intake is 1a, the 1b had the IAT plugged into in the inlet ducting in the engine bay.

No O2 sensor on any UK spec MK1, so your exhaust manifold isn't from a UK MK1, may well still fit OK depending on what it's from.
    Last edited by jimi; 28th June 2021 at 11:14 AM.
    Black is not a colour ! .... Its the absence of colour