Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 1988 White T-bar

MR2 Fan
    Thanks for that tip, I did pull the front wheel arch lining out a bit and found myself pulling leaves out of the bottom of the arch! I will get the liner off completely once the front wheels are off and give it a good clean/protection.

Noted on the rear arches.

Looks very tidy under there. Gives hope that the rest of the chassis is good aswell. If you protect it properly now then you will get alot of life out of it.
    Yes i talk to myself, sometimes i need a professional opinion

MR2 Enthusiast
    Looks beautiful :0)

MR2 Fan
    I thought I would give you all a quick update. I am still working on protecting the underneath and eventually managed to find a day free to get stuck in with the Dinitrol protection. I got the mud flap and front arch liners off to check for any areas where corrosion had started, rubbed it right back to clean metal, used RC900 to convert any rust, and then put new underslea on (Dinitrol 4941 I believe). I also used Dinitrol ML cavity wax in the sills etc.

So far so good. I haven't found anything that worrying, just the middle "hole" in the mud flaps that had corroded away, but I am sure it will be happy enough with just 2 fixings anyway (can you still buy these new??).

The rain was falling sporadically so I couldn't spend the whole day out there, but I have done one whole side and most of the small areas that needed touching up on the underneath.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4185.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	98.9 KB 
ID:	5314
    Rear arch:

Name:	IMG_4183.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	94.0 KB 
ID:	5313

Name:	IMG_4182.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	98.8 KB 
ID:	5315
    Front arch:

Name:	IMG_4180.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	94.9 KB 
ID:	5316

Name:	IMG_4179.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	95.5 KB 
ID:	5317

More to do when I get another half day spare!

Rich

That's unbelievably tidy. Blimey... It's as if it's only a couple of years old.
    There's no rust on my car. But there are some sizable holes where the rust fell out.

MR2 Fan
    It was a little bit messier before treatment but I didn't manage to get any before shots! I will try to do that when I tackle the other side. Luckily I haven't seen the need for a welder yet, so fingers crossed that continues.

Looks spot on under there now. I do try when washing to clean the traps out in the arches, that will help as much as the under seal. Nice to see you got some in the A pillar area. No mud or leaves in there and coated now.

Does look nice and clean. would be great to see some before pics of the other side.
    Yes i talk to myself, sometimes i need a professional opinion

MR2 Fan
    Santa was nice to me this year and brought me replacement front speakers and some larger speakers for the rear (all ordered by me and given to the wife to give to me! A set of 4 Infinities from the popular online auction site, NOS).

I spent some time last weekend building speaker boxes to house them behind the seats (ala a thread I found that Jimi had done). They are all finished other than covering then in black material which should arrive this week.

I can't want to hear them! I wonder if I then might need to upgrade the head unit as I still have the original (obviously I will be keeping that for originality) and I like some decent music.

Name:	IMG_4366.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	96.1 KB 
ID:	5342

I had a set of Infinity speakers years ago. I was impressed with them for the money. They ended up in three different cars, owned by different people. They were robust. Wish I still had them, I was offered them back, but they got scrapped with the car. Anyway.

Nice little boxes you made there. Are they vented at all? I'd heard that car speakers like to be in open baffle to work at their best. Not sure how true that is.