Thread: Trip up to Drift Limits - very pleased

MR2 Fan

Trip up to Drift Limits - very pleased

I just wanted to give some feedback as my car has been with Driftlimits having some work done.

Ive been stressing over the cambelt since I bought it and the gearbox had started popping out of 5th which was driving me nuts! Clutch was high and it didn't seem to have the poke of my previous MK1.

Anyway, long story fairly short, I had the gearbox removed and repaired/replaced, new clutch and new driveshaft seals and the timing belt done... the timing was quite a way out apparently.

She now drives beautifully. The engine sounds and pulls much better. Idles just right. Im really pleased.

Aside from that they were really reasonably priced. The difference between me being able to have the work done or not!

Thanks a lot Lily/Victor and the team

MR2 Enthusiast
    Nice to know that there are good guys out there!

Was yours the Mica blue mk1? I see it on the ramp whilst have my cambelt changed.

Again on from what you just said. Victor done an awesome job and at a great price. £366 inc vat to replace my cambelt and supercharger belt on my mk1. Can’t fault their service and knowledge. Will be going back again for powder coating. What’s better..... they are 5 minutes from my house.

Club Technical Advisor
    Wow i need to increase my prices for a cambelt change, not knocking DL in any way , i know them very well and they do a top job but we charge £80 supplied and fitted in 40 minutes while you wait. To be honest i can't justify charging more than £60/hour and the belt is only £25.

MR2 Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Togie30440 View Post
    Was yours the Mica blue mk1? I see it on the ramp whilst have my cambelt changed.

Again on from what you just said. Victor done an awesome job and at a great price. £366 inc vat to replace my cambelt and supercharger belt on my mk1. Can’t fault their service and knowledge. Will be going back again for powder coating. What’s better..... they are 5 minutes from my house.
    Ah dude! Yes, I heard you would be in. Im gutted I missed seeing your supercharger. Victor seems like a good guy. I hated leaving it there but I had a bit of trouble with the gearbox I'd bought. Not Driftlimits fault in anyway but they sorted it for me. Glad to have it back anyway. Ill let you know next time im heading that way maybe we could meet up if you don't mind being seen with a little old N/A haha

MR2 Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodsport View Post
    Wow i need to increase my prices for a cambelt change, not knocking DL in any way , i know them very well and they do a top job but we charge £80 supplied and fitted in 40 minutes while you wait. To be honest i can't justify charging more than £60/hour and the belt is only £25.
    I know Paul, that's is an absolute bargain. I did ask you but you weren't taking on any new work at that point

Quote Originally Posted by Tellso View Post
    Ah dude! Yes, I heard you would be in. Im gutted I missed seeing your supercharger. Victor seems like a good guy. I hated leaving it there but I had a bit of trouble with the gearbox I'd bought. Not Driftlimits fault in anyway but they sorted it for me. Glad to have it back anyway. Ill let you know next time im heading that way maybe we could meet up if you don't mind being seen with a little old N/A haha
    Give me a shout next time mate. Your car looked great and totally solid underneath. I was looking around it comparing the rear sway bar as my SC doesn’t have one.

Paul that is a ridiculously cheap price. I would’ve actually drove up to you to have that done that done at that price lol! All within 40 minutes is crazy.

Club Technical Advisor
    Yes it's become a bit of a party trick here over the last 20 years, with anything if you do it enough times and have a set system it can be done very quickly and efficiently, the current record stands at 34 minutes from jacking up to jack down. We've also done cambelt days when i've done 6 or 7 in a row in 4 hours or so.

Having said that if you get a seized crank pulley it can be a long tough job.

MR2 Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Togie30440 View Post
    Give me a shout next time mate. Your car looked great and totally solid underneath. I was looking around it comparing the rear sway bar as my SC doesn’t have one.
    Thanks buddy. Its the thought of rust that keeps me awake at night so that's good to hear.