Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Trip up to Drift Limits - very pleased

  1. #1

    Trip up to Drift Limits - very pleased

    I just wanted to give some feedback as my car has been with Driftlimits having some work done.

    Ive been stressing over the cambelt since I bought it and the gearbox had started popping out of 5th which was driving me nuts! Clutch was high and it didn't seem to have the poke of my previous MK1.

    Anyway, long story fairly short, I had the gearbox removed and repaired/replaced, new clutch and new driveshaft seals and the timing belt done... the timing was quite a way out apparently.

    She now drives beautifully. The engine sounds and pulls much better. Idles just right. Im really pleased.

    Aside from that they were really reasonably priced. The difference between me being able to have the work done or not!

    Thanks a lot Lily/Victor and the team

  2. #2
    MR2 Enthusiast
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Warrington
    Posts
    638
    Nice to know that there are good guys out there!

  3. #3
    MR2 Newbie Togie30440's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Hemel Hempstead
    Posts
    71
    Was yours the Mica blue mk1? I see it on the ramp whilst have my cambelt changed.

    Again on from what you just said. Victor done an awesome job and at a great price. 366 inc vat to replace my cambelt and supercharger belt on my mk1. Can’t fault their service and knowledge. Will be going back again for powder coating. What’s better..... they are 5 minutes from my house.

  4. #4
    Club Technical Advisor
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Durham
    Posts
    1,769
    Wow i need to increase my prices for a cambelt change, not knocking DL in any way , i know them very well and they do a top job but we charge 80 supplied and fitted in 40 minutes while you wait. To be honest i can't justify charging more than 60/hour and the belt is only 25.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Togie30440 View Post
    Was yours the Mica blue mk1? I see it on the ramp whilst have my cambelt changed.

    Again on from what you just said. Victor done an awesome job and at a great price. 366 inc vat to replace my cambelt and supercharger belt on my mk1. Can’t fault their service and knowledge. Will be going back again for powder coating. What’s better..... they are 5 minutes from my house.
    Ah dude! Yes, I heard you would be in. Im gutted I missed seeing your supercharger. Victor seems like a good guy. I hated leaving it there but I had a bit of trouble with the gearbox I'd bought. Not Driftlimits fault in anyway but they sorted it for me. Glad to have it back anyway. Ill let you know next time im heading that way maybe we could meet up if you don't mind being seen with a little old N/A haha

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodsport View Post
    Wow i need to increase my prices for a cambelt change, not knocking DL in any way , i know them very well and they do a top job but we charge 80 supplied and fitted in 40 minutes while you wait. To be honest i can't justify charging more than 60/hour and the belt is only 25.
    I know Paul, that's is an absolute bargain. I did ask you but you weren't taking on any new work at that point

  7. #7
    MR2 Newbie Togie30440's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Hemel Hempstead
    Posts
    71
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellso View Post
    Ah dude! Yes, I heard you would be in. Im gutted I missed seeing your supercharger. Victor seems like a good guy. I hated leaving it there but I had a bit of trouble with the gearbox I'd bought. Not Driftlimits fault in anyway but they sorted it for me. Glad to have it back anyway. Ill let you know next time im heading that way maybe we could meet up if you don't mind being seen with a little old N/A haha
    Give me a shout next time mate. Your car looked great and totally solid underneath. I was looking around it comparing the rear sway bar as my SC doesn’t have one.

    Paul that is a ridiculously cheap price. I would’ve actually drove up to you to have that done that done at that price lol! All within 40 minutes is crazy.

  8. #8
    Club Technical Advisor
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Durham
    Posts
    1,769
    Yes it's become a bit of a party trick here over the last 20 years, with anything if you do it enough times and have a set system it can be done very quickly and efficiently, the current record stands at 34 minutes from jacking up to jack down. We've also done cambelt days when i've done 6 or 7 in a row in 4 hours or so.

    Having said that if you get a seized crank pulley it can be a long tough job.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Togie30440 View Post
    Give me a shout next time mate. Your car looked great and totally solid underneath. I was looking around it comparing the rear sway bar as my SC doesn’t have one.
    Thanks buddy. Its the thought of rust that keeps me awake at night so that's good to hear.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •