Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wanted: Boot Lid (preferrably without spoiler)

Wanted: Boot Lid (preferrably without spoiler)

Hi All

Does anyone have a boot lid going spare at all please? The guy spraying the car has lost it (yes I know - it’s a long story) but he found the spoiler, lol.

Ideally without a spoiler and preferably in white, but it’ll be repainted anyway.

Help!

Manynthanks
    Jonathan

I have one. It's in red but think it's in pretty good shape. I can take the spoiler off if you want.
    On the underside it does have some surface rust around the drain holes. It should clean up fairly easily though.

Im in Harrogate if you can collect you can have it for £20

I have a DS subframe aswell that your welcome to have but it's not in great condition.
    Yes i talk to myself, sometimes i need a professional opinion

Hello Martin, thank you for the offer. You don’t happen to have a pair of 1b rear suspension mounts and tie rods as well do you?

I have the DS mount. It's not in great condition so you are welcome to take it, no holes but plenty of rust.
    Which bit of the rods do you need? I might have some bits knocking about

Hi Martin, I’ve had to get a boot lid from elsewhere as it needs to be prepped this week. The suspension bits aren’t too urgent so will need to make a list but I think you’re a little too far for me sadly. Thank you though, I appreciate your input.

I have a full spare set of mk1a suspension Jonathan. Do you need mk1b?

No worries. Glad you got sorted.

Hi Chrys, hows are things with you?

Thank you for the kind offer but I have the 1a suspension, I need the subframes and tie rods (tracking arms) from a 1b for it to work. I can use the remaining 1a items to complete.

BTW, you don’t fancy parting with your front valance panels do you? I found some in Ireland 18months or so ago and the first renovation guy who went bust has lost them would you believe? I managed to get some more from Paul Sims but they are pants really and need an awful lot of work to get them any where near reasonable. I’m a bit cheesed off about it really.

I hope your beauty is getting there?

Best wishes
    jonathan

Hi Jonathan. I am well thanks. I hope you are too. Sorry I have been a bit quiet on here lately and slow responding.

Glad you sorted your suspension and that the car is progressing.

Wow...I can’t believe that guy lost your valances! They are rare enough and have probably ended up in some scrap metal skip. How unfortunate.

Yes, I may be persuaded to let them go Jonathan. I am never going to get around to making a fiber glass mould from them as intended. In fact, I may be selling off all of my spares when the car is done. I have some very interesting ones now.

The car bodywork is all finished and I need to get it home to put it back together. Unfortunately it won’t start now. It’s been moved around the garage for 3 years now but it suddenly wouldn’t start about 6 months ago. I haven’t had time to look into it until this week. It looks like the fuel pump is failed and we all know how nice a job that is!
    I am struggling to find the time to go and do it and the garage does not want to tackle it without me. They will let me use the ramps to do it when I make the time.

Now that the whole car is painted, it looks really nice. As I said before, the paint is not quite the standard I would have liked...but I have very high standards. There are a few ‘inclusions’ in the paint that may or may not polish out but it will make a great and beautiful looking useable classic.

Cheers

Chrys
    Last edited by cchrysos; 6th April 2019 at 08:29 AM.

Nothing for months....then two relies within minutes

I just found these

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toyota-MR...gAAOSwHcpcpf0a

And these

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MK1-TOYOT...AAAOSwz55coRV5

And these. Looks like Neil has gone and done what I was going to do anyway.
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOYOTA-MR...UAAOSwwSJbzaNt
    Last edited by cchrysos; 6th April 2019 at 08:37 AM.