Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Lancaster Insurance Classic Motor Show 2018 - NEC, Birmingham 9th-11th November

The Lancaster Insurance Classic Motor Show 2018 - NEC, Birmingham 9th-11th November

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image001.jpg 
Views:	198 
Size:	56.2 KB 
ID:	4755

Hi all,

We're pleased to announce that we have been given a stand at this years Lancaster Insurance NEC Classic Car Show!

Lancaster Insurance Classic Motor Show, with Discovery
    Taking place at Birmingham's NEC from Friday 9 - Sunday 11 November 2018. Come along & visit MR2 MK1 Club on stand 5-482 in Hall 5.

I'm helping Stuart Kynoch organise this event on the clubs behalf. (His forum username = stumr2sc)

Cars Wanted
    We have space for 3 cars, and so if you'd like to show your car at one of the countries' most prestigious car shows, we'd like to hear about it!

You'll get a pair of free entrance tickets for the full 3 days of the event; Friday, Saturday and Sunday. You will need to be able to take your car down to the NEC by 5pm on the Thursday and leave it there until Sunday evening. Stuart does have a bit of space for someone to stay with him during the show period if you're not local to the NEC. If you cannot be with your car during those three days, that's also fine, but I'm sure most owners will want to talk to members of the public about their pride and joy.

If this sounds like something you'd like to do, then please message myself or Stuart through the forum. Alternatively, post up your interest on this thread.

Helpers Required
    We do also have a few spare complimentary tickets available to people that would be willing to help out on the stand during their stay. If you could help man the stand for a few hours over the course of the day, you'd be free to explore for the rest of time.

Tickets
    We also have been granted a special discount code, which means you will save £5.50 on an adult ticket, or £12 on a family ticket!

Important information below:

Club Offer T&Cs:

• The club will get a £1 rebate from the NEC Car Show for each ticket stub handed into one of the club members manning the stand during your visit
    • The exclusive club discount codes given on the Club Ticket Offer Advert are for club members use only.
    • The codes are valid for Saturday or Sunday Adult tickets and Saturday or Sunday Family tickets, only when booked in advance.
    • Family ticket gives access for 2 x adults and up to 3 x children (aged 5-15).
    • Club discounts will be applied to on-the-door prices: Club Adult £24.50 (£30 on-the-door) and Club Family £68 (£80 on-the-door).
    • Ticket prices include a free show guide.
    • All bookings are subject to a single transaction fee of £1.95.
    • Advance tickets are only available until midnight on Thursday 8 November 2018.

If you'd like to take advantage of this offer, please message me directly and I'll provide you with the discount code.

Show Promotional Text
    The Lancaster Insurance Classic Motor Show, with Discovery, already the UK’s biggest indoor classic vehicle exhibition, is now even bigger for 2018! Adding an extra hall, the show is inviting even more clubs to display at the event to create the World’s biggest gathering of classic motoring clubs.

Held at Birmingham’s NEC from Friday 9 to Sunday 11 November, around 300 classic car and classic motorbike clubs will showcase vehicles owned by members, interpreting this year’s show theme of ‘Built to Last.’

For more general information, take a look at the link below:

https://www.necclassicmotorshow.com/

Any questions, just ask!

** Cars being exhibited **
    Imran Khan
    Malcolm Graham-Jones

Cheers,
    Tom

Just 8 weeks to go to the event. It's a great one to get involved in!

MR2 Enthusiast
    Hi Tom, do you have any spaces left or have the 3 slots been taken up. Thanks

Hi Imran,

Stuart has pm'd you.

Thanks for offering your car; it's a great help.

Cheers,
    Tom

Really wish I could go, but can't get the time off work and my MK1 is off the road now. Have been before and it's a great few days out, hope you can fill the stand.
    Yes i talk to myself, sometimes i need a professional opinion

MR2 Enthusiast
    Thanks Tom. I’ve replied to Stuart. And supplied my contact detail. Got the bug from going to tatton for this first time last month.

We've just posted up a competition on our Facebook page to win a pair of free tickets to this!

https://www.facebook.com/mr2mk1club/

Where's the competition for those members who have no use for or interezt in Farcebook?
    Black is not a colour ! .... Its the absence of colour

Quote Originally Posted by jimi View Post
    Where's the competition for those members who have no use for or interezt in Farcebook?
    Hi Jimi,

Unfortunately, this is a promotion that we've been given by the NEC specifically for Facebook.

The best suggestion I've got is to get someone that you know on Facebook to enter on your behalf.

Hope that helps!

Cheers,
    Tom

No it doesn't help, I don't use farcebook myself for various reasons, I certainly won't use it by proxy.
    Your missing the point I was trying to make, in my opinion it's not fair on the members who put their hands in their pockets to support the club when any random Farcebook user can win free tickets !! Where's the incentive to take out or renew a membership in that ?
    Last edited by jimi; 18th October 2018 at 02:55 AM.
    Black is not a colour ! .... Its the absence of colour