Thread: Forum Downtime UPDATE

Forum Downtime UPDATE

Hi all!

Apologies for the downtime over the past week. Our web host changed my server IP address (where I host 20+ websites), so I've just done the necessary redirection work this afternoon. (I was away last week, and my wife had an operation on Sunday, so have been on nurse duty)

The forum email sending (or lack thereof) issue still exists, but I'm yet to decide on a plan to tackle that as there's complexities with both server and software limitations. Who knows, we might even get a big upgrade to the forum software in the new year!

Over the festive period, I'll be making sure that memberships are all up to date to match any payments that have been made. Sorry for any gaps in access in this period.

Thank you for bearing with me!

Hope you and your families are all well, and that you have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Cheers,
    Tom

Hello Nurse Tom,

Well done for fixing the web site. As a reward I've updated my thread!
    You seem to be doing better than the poor chap at Retro Rides. I've not been able to log onto that for weeks. Well, being strictly honest, I can sometimes but it's pretty intermittent and it's more normal for it to tell me to take a running jump.
    In fact I'll probably get the next thread update on here long before I get anything onto RR. This very MR2 Forum will likely be well ahead of anywhere else. It's sooooo exciting!

Happy Christmas to you too!

James

PS, Hope your missus is doing well.
    Last edited by Sweetpea; 22nd December 2023 at 09:50 PM.
    There's no rust on my car. But there are some sizable holes where the rust fell out.

Cheers James, some good updates there!

Yeh, I've still got a mountain of work to do at some point soon to migrate the forum and then upgrade the software, to put us in a good position for the next 5-10 years.

The wife is recovering well, and managed to enjoy the Christmas festivities, which was good.

I've got a good list of jobs to get done on my turbo'd Mk1 over the next month or so, so I'll endeavour to put some updates on my build thread too.

Take care, and have a good New Year!

Cheers,
    Tom