Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hapers Hatch- 222D Group B engine cover

Club Technical Advisor

Hapers Hatch- 222D Group B engine cover

Hi chaps, following his decision not to sell these anymore i bought the master mold from Wim Hapers who produced this exact replica of the rear hatch from the 222D rally car.

This is the part in question...

It replaces the C pillar trims as a removeable (or hinged) lid with a roof scoop for forced air intake/cooling. The hatch comes as a single piece but it is up to you how you mount it etc, i may work on hinged and latching versions in time but for now it is just the main panel.

I will also be working on a louvred insert for the window section, most people use a clear perspex, which is fine, but i feel there is a need for a louvred rear window piece.

I am starting the first production run today, price will be £140 plus shipping (£30 UK/very large item)

If you wish to order one or have further questions please ask on this thread, thanks Paul.

Hi Paul,

Nice one for rescuing this!

I'll be interested once you've worked your magic on a louvred insert solution.

Good luck with sales.

Cheers,
    Tom

Club Technical Advisor
    Hi Tom, thanks for that, we work very quickly and have already made the louvred insert which looks awesome.....

The louvre insert will be ready for molding in 2 weeks time, should be around £120 for that section.

Hi Paul,

Looking good!

As my cars tend to live outside, can you confirm that the rain would run off the louvres towards the rear of the car? It's hard to tell exactly from the photos.

Cheers,
    Tom

Club Technical Advisor
    I would say probably not, you could add some perspex bits to the inside to prevent that, in reality probably lets as much water in as the standard lid.

The scoopless version is almost ready too...

Club Technical Advisor
    Scoopless version now completed along with the louvre section, both are now ready for full mold making and production.

Hiya Paul, what's rear visibility like with the louvre in? I appreciate it will be limited! Any pics looking back from inside the cabin?

Cheers

Ollie

MR2 Enthusiast
    that scoop inlet on top is a genius way to get the cool air into the engine bay !

Club Technical Advisor
    Hi Ollie, you can see through the vent slits, while it is quite limited it is still possible to use the rear view mirror, but yes the view is restricted, something's gotta give with a design like this i guess.

I saw on facebook that the chap who initally was selling these took quite a long time to get it all done, credit to you Paul, you do not hang around!!