Thread: 1989 super white engine cover

MR2 Enthusiast

1989 super white engine cover

Hi

If anyone has a decent engine cover available in the later whiter looking superwhite (CODE 043) found on the 1989 cars I would be interested !

My engine cover has too many blemishes on the inside, the paint has gone through on the edges due to some idiot with a buffer and the stickers have faded away.

I am looking for an engine cover (metal rear bonnet) in generally good condition so that I can polish it up and fit it to my car without the need for a total respray (which my current one needs). Doesnt matter about the stickers but paint must be "pretty good"

I am based in the Northwest of England and would be happy to drive and collect it it if its not too far away for me

Many Thanks

Jonathan
    Last edited by Evo4Jon; 25th April 2018 at 11:01 PM.

I've got one mate and I know how awkward it is to get a hold of our colour cars! Unfortunately I have cut some of the reinforcement on the underside as it fouled my intercooler. If this wasn't a problem I could let you have it in a month or so? I need to buy a TD replica lid from Woodsport.

MR2 Enthusiast
    Thanks mate, but looking for a nice intact one.... if no joy in finding one then I will get mine painted up, but if I dont ask about first I may be missing out on a mint one from somewhere