Thread: A Quick Hello

MR2 Newbie

A Quick Hello

Hi everyone. After some plans to get an MR2 for a couple of years, I finally gave in and bought my first one a few weeks ago.
    1989 MK1 in white, local to me, and stood for 12 years or so.
    Plan is to pull it apart and do a full refurb, doing as much as I can myself, and using others only when I'm out of my depth.
    I won't be starting immediately, need to sort out some time and space first, so it'll give me plenty of time to ask loads of silly questions in the meantime.

Welcome! Been on here a few months and it's a massive help having this site. I'd suggest getting a premium membership as it allows you to post and reply in the technical forums.

Looks like a brilliant example! Hope to see plenty of pictures of it on here in the future.

There's lots of people on here that know these cars inside out, it's definitely worth paying the small fee for access to the technical section. I'm sure Tom will be along to chime in too

MR2 Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad View Post
    Welcome! Been on here a few months and it's a massive help having this site. I'd suggest getting a premium membership as it allows you to post and reply in the technical forums.
    Cheers. Paid up for membership earlier today too, happy to pay towards a great resource like this forum.

MR2 Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Sillyhatday View Post
    Looks like a brilliant example! Hope to see plenty of pictures of it on here in the future.

There's lots of people on here that know these cars inside out, it's definitely worth paying the small fee for access to the technical section. I'm sure Tom will be along to chime in too
    It's brilliant in its originality, but not so brilliant in its condition sadly.
    As normal, pictures flatter things. Paint is faded beyond the point of saving, but most of the rust spot issues seem to be better than expected, but will probably come and bite me when it gets stripped down and show its true colours.