Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: breaking feam!!!!!!!hi

Quote Originally Posted by b4wrc View Post
    I don't think you can use fibreglass doors on your car in MSA rallies these days. The MSA tightened up on the regulations in I think 2011. Catagoty 1 cars (derived from production or past production cars) have to have doors made from the same material as standard ie steel in this case. These changes meant that many of the well known clubmans cars were no longer able to get a rally log book.
    Hmm, Thanks for that B4' I'll look into it. I'll probably take them anyway though

MR2 Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Donesy View Post
    Great,

How does Friday sound? He can get there for about 2:30

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hi donesy the doors & rear bumper r still on the mr2 @ my friends driveway about 30 miles in romford essex but the front bumper, front wings, rear engine & boot lid r with me in croydon surrey! So if u want the doors & rear bumper let me know today as i have to collect them! Or if just want the other parts u can collect them from croydon cheers

Quote Originally Posted by mc turbo 2 View Post
    Hi donesy the doors & rear bumper r still on the mr2 @ my friends driveway about 30 miles in romford essex but the front bumper, front wings, rear engine & boot lid r with me in croydon surrey! So if u want the doors & rear bumper let me know today as i have to collect them! Or if just want the other parts u can collect them from croydon cheers
    we'll take the lot mate but we're not in a rush for it. My bro will be working 4-on 4-off between Cornwall and Essex as of next month so there will be loads of opportunities to collect. don't trouble yourself today if it's a pain

I don't think you can use fibreglass doors on your car in MSA rallies these days. The MSA tightened up on the regulations in I think 2011. Catagoty 1 cars (derived from production or past production cars) have to have doors made from the same material as standard ie steel in this case. These changes meant that many of the well known clubmans cars were no longer able to get a rally log book.
    Good knowledge!

2018 Blue book

46.3.9. Doors and windscreen must remain in the
    manufacturer's original material.

MR2 Newbie
    we'll take the lot mate but we're not in a rush for it. My bro will be working 4-on 4-off between Cornwall and Essex as of next month so there will be loads of opportunities to collect. don't trouble yourself today if it's a pain
    hi m8 great just wanted to make sure u wanted the doors! I will pick them up today & have them ready for u 2.30pm this Friday so I don't have relist them on ebay! ps. can u text me ur mob no. & email please

Good knowledge!

2018 Blue book

Yes sadly these rule changes lead to the banning of several well nown cars that no longer conform, most notable Andy Burtons Peugot 306 special that was almost a space frame WRC car based on a 306 with ice racing bodywork and a full house Cosworth engine and 4 wheel drive. look up the on going discussions on Google) .

There are a few Mr2's used in club rallying though AW11rally has a very well known example and Im have seen another from a garage in Wigan but have no details. There is also a big winged version down south that appears iun a youtube clip (cannot remember which one though)

Good knowledge!

2018 Blue book

Yes sadly these rule changes lead to the banning of several well nown cars that no longer conform, most notable Andy Burtons Peugot 306 special that was almost a space frame WRC car based on a 306 with ice racing bodywork and a full house Cosworth engine and 4 wheel drive. look up the on going discussions on Google) .

There are a few Mr2's used in club rallying though AW11rally has a very well known example and Im have seen another from a garage in Wigan but have no details. There is also a big winged version down south that appears iun a youtube clip (cannot remember which one though)

That Peugeot is a monster!! How come they couldn't just put some steel doors on it? Ive been talking to AW11Rally a bit he's a super nice guy. Do you know of anyone competing one on gravel stages?

MR2 Fan
    Andy Burtons 306, what a machine.
    The days of seeing that on the Sunseeker Rally were amazing, the sound of that engine echoing through the forest was a petrol heads dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Adi64gt View Post
    Andy Burtons 306, what a machine.
    The days of seeing that on the Sunseeker Rally were amazing, the sound of that engine echoing through the forest was a petrol heads dream.
    Look up his Alfa Ferrari the previous car a space framed Alfa Sud coupe with a Ferrari 308 engine and gearbox an 037 group b type car before its time. There was a full write up about this car in Car and Car Conversions.