Thread: Toyota MR2 Mk1a Race/Track Day Car

MR2 Lurker

Toyota MR2 Mk1a Race/Track Day Car

Reluctant sale but just won't have time to get her on track again, plus been told to get rid by the wife

She's a 1986 Mk1a and been a race car for a long time so she's solid in the important parts but could do with the rear arches sorting out plus the usual racing bruises tidying up.

I have recently gone through the considerable effort of installing another engine/gearbox from a donor race car. It was from a Mk1b so had to change the ecu and loom at the same time. To my amazement she fired up straight away and actually moves under it's own power. That's as far as it went. It's pushing some water out which could just be air in the system and would have been my next job to find out why... and will now be yours! There are NO guarantees.

Prior to it's last outing it had a new set of custom springs supplied by Prize Motorsport which transformed the handling. It has Whiteline anti-roll bars from and rear and new yellow stuff pads on the front.

It's sitting on the original teardrop wheels with Yokohama A539s. There's another set of alloys with A048s which have done a few miles. She comes with a set of in-date (2019) Schroth belts and really nice Corbeau Evolution seat. The fire extinguisher needs servicing as per the new MSA regs. It has had a new battery and radiator.

There is a Cobra seat and subframe that I will give with the car that might be able to be adapted for a passenger seat for scary track day rides. Might have a set of old belts somewhere as well.

The windscreen has a lovely crack in it courtesy of a stone chip and freezing cold weather. The screen will be ok for track days but will NOT pass MSA scrutineering.

I have a load of bits and pieces that can go with the car if I get the right money for her. I have a complete heater system which I was going to fit. There's a starter and alternator and all sorts of odds and sods.

Remember, although the car is running it has not turned a wheel on track for quite a while so it is being sold as project and will need to be recommissioned.

With a little tlc this could be a nice car.

Price drop to £899!!!

More pics pm me.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails right side.jpg   corbeau side.jpg   engine 1.jpg   under bonnet.jpg   switches.jpg  

Last edited by playmonkey; 21st May 2018 at 01:12 PM. Reason: Price Drop

Cool car and good price. Good luck with the sale!

MR2 Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by playmonkey View Post
    Reluctant sale but just won't have time to get her on track again, plus been told to get rid by the wife

She's a 1986 Mk1a and been a race car for a long time so she's solid in the important parts but could do with the rear arches sorting out plus the usual racing bruises tidying up.

I have recently gone through the considerable effort of installing another engine/gearbox from a donor race car. It was from a Mk1b so had to change the ecu and loom at the same time. To my amazement she fired up straight away and actually moves under it's own power. That's as far as it went. It's pushing some water out which could just be air in the system and would have been my next job to find out why... and will now be yours! There are NO guarantees.

Prior to it's last outing it had a new set of custom springs supplied by Prize Motorsport which transformed the handling. It has Whiteline anti-roll bars from and rear and new yellow stuff pads on the front.

It's sitting on the original teardrop wheels with Yokohama A539s. There's another set of alloys with A048s which have done a few miles. She comes with a set of in-date (2019) Schroth belts and really nice Corbeau Evolution seat. The fire extinguisher needs servicing as per the new MSA regs. It has had a new battery and radiator.

There is a Cobra seat and subframe that I will give with the car that might be able to be adapted for a passenger seat for scary track day rides. Might have a set of old belts somewhere as well.

The windscreen has a lovely crack in it courtesy of a stone chip and freezing cold weather. The screen will be ok for track days but will NOT pass MSA scrutineering.

I have a load of bits and pieces that can go with the car if I get the right money for her. I have a complete heater system which I was going to fit. There's a starter and alternator and all sorts of odds and sods.

Remember, although the car is running it has not turned a wheel on track for quite a while so it is being sold as project and will need to be recommissioned.

With a little tlc this could be a nice car.

Would like to see £1,300 or sensible offer. You'll need a trailer to take her away but she will drive up the ramps.

More pics pm me.
    hi m8 does it come with the roll cage? cheers

MR2 Lurker
    Quote Originally Posted by mc turbo 2 View Post
    hi m8 does it come with the roll cage? cheers
    It's a complete car.

MR2 Lurker
    So, the racer is still for sale and is sitting in a trailer waiting for a new home....

The first £899 will buy the car without any of the spares. Worth that for the parts alone.

I can deliver for 50p a mile if it helps.
    Last edited by playmonkey; 21st May 2018 at 01:10 PM.

MR2 Lurker
    Car is now SOLD SOLD SOLD