Thread: Red Mk1b T-bar for sale

Red Mk1b T-bar for sale

Update 5th Feb.
    NOW SOLD. Thanks for looking.

The time has come to say goodbye to my MR2.
    It has been well used and, sadly, kept outside, so the condition reflects this.
    I have kept it in reasonable condition - rebuilt the rear arches and corners, kept the underbody well sealed, etc. However, the paintwork is very faded.
    It has an MOT until 10th May 2018.
    Located in South London/Surrey borders.

£500

Good points:
    Reliable good runner, in regular use, with a few months MOT.
    Original toolkit still present in the front luggage compartment.
    Original paperwork still present, plus service records for first 13 years (at Toyota dealer).
    MOT records plus record of the servicing and repairs I have carried out since 2005.
    Sony stereo and CD changer.
    Immobiliser.
    Front fog lights.
    Mongoose stainless steel exhaust.
    Radiator replaced a few years ago.
    Alternator replaced two years ago.

Bad points:
    Tyres worn very close to legal limit
    One of the wheels corroded such that it will not keep a seal round the tyre (hence using spare wheel n/s front)
    Slight oil leak in engine. Tried to repair this a couple of years ago; seemed to be coming through distributor and so fitted a new distributor shaft O-ring, but without any improvement. Doesn’t affect the running – good oil pressure is maintained, and you just need to top up occasionally.
    Rust hole in the o/s A-column (halfway up, visible in the picture of the cockpit). Treated with Hammerite to prevent getting any worse, but not actually repaired.
    Corrosion along inside lip of rear boot lid.
    Slight leak around n/s T-bar roof panel. I have previously plugged this with blu-tac, but just haven’t got round to re-doing this recently.
    Slight distortion to shape of o/s front wing between door and wheel arch. Someone pushed into it in a car park. I pulled it back into shape, but it’s not perfect.
    Slight distortion to shape of front bumper following a low-speed glancing blow some years back.
    Front number plate detached the other week, as the bracket broke. Plate is in boot.
    Bad connection to dashboard illumination; occasionally goes out but comes back on if you tap it in the right place! Prob simple fix but haven’t bothered to try.

No doubt various other minor things – it is an old and well-used car! – but I have tried to be as honest and thorough as possible. The price reflects all this.

Photos uploaded to forum post below (with thanks to Gilles27)
    Last edited by spstocks; 5th February 2018 at 10:20 PM.

Hi, if you want to send photos to me I'll add them to this thread.
    Last edited by Gilles27; 26th January 2018 at 10:54 AM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi
    pity its to far looking for another 2
    kev