Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: WANTED: Another AW11 🤗

MR2 Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by jimi View Post
    Not quite standard, but cheap, if it's still for sale. http://www.mr2oc.co.uk/ads/all-ads/a...-mk1,1391.html
    I liked the sound of this car, and was on eBay a week or 2 ago. And I won it for 550ish (very good price) But was unable to get the seller to let me view and pay for the car. I suspect he had been offered more for it hence refusing to provide dates for collection.

Would be good to see the car saved.

As part of my ongoing hunt for another AW11 I went and viewed a Black MK1a today in Grantham, lovely chap called Andrew. It was a project at £500 but he had a couple steering wheels for sale too so I thought can’t really lose out viewing it. I’ve never considered a project before, mainly because the costly stuff, welding and paint, would be a garage job.
    The car was severely tempting, from what i could tell with my untrained eye it was salvageable, rust wise, but adding the cost of that to a respray and full recommissioning after 5 years off the road made it unrealistic for me due to the bulk getting done at a garage. If you can do it yourself then, win. I did considering buying it for parts, bumper bar seemed really good, lovely black leather interior and a magnex exhaust, couldn’t really lose on it either way. Would be sad for it not to be saved though so decided against that. Sadly it’s also a cat c, front end damage, repaired to a seemingly decent standard, I know cat C’s on these can be for minor stuff, especially 16 years ago when it happened, but when considering the next MR2 will be my forever one, little things like that make a difference to me.

Alas it wasn’t to be, not all is lost, there are a couple really good potentials in the pipeline, another factor making me even more picky knowing what others I could potentially own instead

Have a pic of the two steering wheels, both on mk1 hubs.

P.s the car is on gumtree currently, he has had a fair bit of interest already, sounded like most of that was sadly from breakers and I imagine it’s probably sold now.
    Last edited by jumpman33; 25th March 2018 at 07:25 PM.

MR2 Lurker
    Looking for a nice blue t bar but all I can find is white at the moment.

Had one 13 years ago and want another.
    Last edited by L0rdMike; 1st April 2018 at 03:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by L0rdMike View Post
    Looking for a nice blue t bar but all I can find is white at the moment.

Had one 13 years ago and want another.

Can people not do their own wanted thread?

Hi Aaron, I did say I would let you know regarding the supercharger. We didn’t get a chance to get down to finish it over winter. Sorry to let you down mate.

Quote Originally Posted by AW11mike View Post
    Hi Aaron, I did say I would let you know regarding the supercharger. We didn’t get a chance to get down to finish it over winter. Sorry to let you down mate.
    That’s alright buddy! That’s what happens when you buy a zed haha

Lol, don’t miss how fragile the AW11 was as much as an awesome car it is!, keeping it alive!. No going back for me! https://flic.kr/p/HyNeeG

Quote Originally Posted by AW11mike View Post
    Lol, don’t miss how fragile the AW11 was as much as an awesome car it is!, keeping it alive!. No going back for me! https://flic.kr/p/HyNeeG
    That is a good looking Zed! You’re the third person to say that about the mk1’s recently.......