Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: WANTED: Another AW11 🤗

Quote Originally Posted by jumpman33 View Post
    Sold a wee while ago unfortunately.
    That's a shame. Hopefully the new owner will join the club. Good luck with your quest!

Hiya

Seriously considering selling my car, only drove her ONCE in 2017 and cash is getting tight. I don't know what 'sensible price' is any more. The car has been in the club for years, though I only bought it 2 years ago. Before me it was owned and loved by Ursula of Upper Thames. I imagine Peter Scatchard knows lots about it! Ursula had it rebuilt and resprayed just before I bought it. Is completely standard (with original number plate, which is very deep and EVERYONE says to remove!) G-reg Helios sunroof, cant remember mileage but it was half what my old one had done (140K+)

I guess if you are wanting to change engines then this may not be the one as we should be keeping SOME standard surely? She was at NEC in 2015 and next to two highly modded MR2s - suffice to say she got ALL the attention!!! Lots of punters want cars THEY could own, not some mashup...

Anyway, if remotely of interest let me know

Mel (Gloucester)
    Mel Scrivin, South West & Wales LAO and Donington Historic Festival Co-ordinator
    MelR2Mk1@btinternet.com
    South West & Wales Area Meets
    None currently, watch this space! - - See 2016 SW&W Show Calendar here.
    Donington Historic Festival, 30/4 to 2/5/2016. Forum thread here

Still looking ��

I’m getting less picky but definitely still only a sun roof model, but colours? Not so much, still ideally silver, but white or Mica Blue would be fine with me, to be fair most colours would be if it was the right car and owner.

Aaron

But no interest in mine? (Sunroof Helios standard club member for 13 years)?
    Mel Scrivin, South West & Wales LAO and Donington Historic Festival Co-ordinator
    MelR2Mk1@btinternet.com
    South West & Wales Area Meets
    None currently, watch this space! - - See 2016 SW&W Show Calendar here.
    Donington Historic Festival, 30/4 to 2/5/2016. Forum thread here

Quote Originally Posted by jumpman33 View Post
    Still looking ��

I’m getting less picky but definitely still only a sun roof model, but colours? Not so much, still ideally silver, but white or Mica Blue would be fine with me, to be fair most colours would be if it was the right car and owner.

Aaron
    Hi Aaron.
    My super rare 8B8 will be up for sale in the summer.
    about 80k original miles, brand new front wings, sills etc. It is in at the moment having the top sprayed to complete the respray.
    I also have LOADS of spares / upgrades that i will not get around to fitting such as :
    brand new APEX lowered springs.
    2nd hand adjustable shocks complete with all suspension and hubs attached still.
    A BRAND NEW front bumper bar
    BRAND NEW super rare MK1a front valances. the ones on the car are perfect anyway but i couldn't resist these.
    A spare set of rare MK1a 8B8 front seats.
    A super rare original MR2 roof rack.
    A BRAND NEW boxed, never used second MR2 roof rack with all accessories.
    BRAND NEW discs and EBC brake pads all round (unfitted)
    A set of excellent condition MK1a wheels with hardly used Yokohama tyres as well as the 15" 5 spokes fitted to the car.
    Lots of chrome engine parts.
    Refurbed Cam covers (not yet fitted)
    The car is fitted with a Magnex SS exhaust and super rare OBX stainless steel 4 branch manifold.
    A T-bar front strut brace.
    Spare driveshafts.
    and more that i cant remember.

You can find my car in the following thread but it has not been updated for a while.
    http://www.mr2mk1club.com/showthread...ghlight=bloody

Also worth noting that it is believed to be the earliest MK1 in the country - not by registration date but by chassis number / build date. i believe it was built in October 1984! It is NOT an import.

If you are willing to wait until the summer or have not found anything by then, we can start to talk about a price if you are interested.

good luck with your search.

I'm located near Stansted airport so not too far away.

Chrys

Quote Originally Posted by MelR2Mk1 View Post
    But no interest in mine? (Sunroof Helios standard club member for 13 years)?
    Did you not receive my email response Mel?

Quote Originally Posted by cchrysos View Post
    Hi Aaron.
    My super rare 8B8 will be up for sale in the summer.
    about 80k original miles, brand new front wings, sills etc. It is in at the moment having the top sprayed to complete the respray.
    I also have LOADS of spares / upgrades that i will not get around to fitting such as :
    brand new APEX lowered springs.
    2nd hand adjustable shocks complete with all suspension and hubs attached still.
    A BRAND NEW front bumper bar
    BRAND NEW super rare MK1a front valances. the ones on the car are perfect anyway but i couldn't resist these.
    A spare set of rare MK1a 8B8 front seats.
    A super rare original MR2 roof rack.
    A BRAND NEW boxed, never used second MR2 roof rack with all accessories.
    BRAND NEW discs and EBC brake pads all round (unfitted)
    A set of excellent condition MK1a wheels with hardly used Yokohama tyres as well as the 15" 5 spokes fitted to the car.
    Lots of chrome engine parts.
    Refurbed Cam covers (not yet fitted)
    The car is fitted with a Magnex SS exhaust and super rare OBX stainless steel 4 branch manifold.
    A T-bar front strut brace.
    Spare driveshafts.
    and more that i cant remember.

You can find my car in the following thread but it has not been updated for a while.
    http://www.mr2mk1club.com/showthread...ghlight=bloody

Also worth noting that it is believed to be the earliest MK1 in the country - not by registration date but by chassis number / build date. i believe it was built in October 1984! It is NOT an import.

If you are willing to wait until the summer or have not found anything by then, we can start to talk about a price if you are interested.

good luck with your search.

I'm located near Stansted airport so not too far away.

Chrys
    Tried to PM you Chrys, but your box is full.

Sorry. It’s cleared now.
    Cheers

MR2 Lurker
    I'll also be looking for a really top totally standard MR2 in the coming weeks. I have a couple of good options I'm looking at but thought I'd mention it just in case others are about to come out of the woodwork. Jumpman I know of a very modified one that'll be up for sale by a club member if that's of interest but it's a T bar.

Not quite standard, but cheap, if it's still for sale. http://www.mr2oc.co.uk/ads/all-ads/a...-mk1,1391.html
    Black is not a colour ! .... Its the absence of colour