Thread: Heater cooling pipes needed urgently

Heater cooling pipes needed urgently

Hi anyone have a pair of the long metal radiator pipes the ones that run from back to front of car.
    My daughter is getting married soon and wants me to take her in the 2 but have just developed a leak in one of the pipes.hence the urgency lol
    Would really appreciate it if someone could help .I am in N Ireland which makes it that bit more difficult as i cant jump in the car and get them so will need them shipped
    Regards
    Colin
    LAO Ireland

email cmiskimmin@talktalk.net

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rad1.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	64.5 KB 
ID:	4310
    Last edited by MR2MK1; 12th July 2017 at 12:11 PM.
    When the spirits are low, when the day appears dark, when work becomes monotonous, when hope hardly seems worth having, just get in your MR2 and go out for a spin down the road, without thought on anything but the drive you are taking."

MR2 Obsessive
    Are you sure the pipe is leaking Colin and not just the jubilee clips? It is quite common for the original Toyota clips to allow water to pass and many people have posted about it before. If it is the pipes just cut out the bad bit and replace with copper pipes and rubber pipes, you do not see the pipes and all you need is a waterproof seal.
    Good luck with the wedding

For info
    http://www.mr2mk1club.com/showthread...t=Heater+pipes
    Last edited by coverco; 12th July 2017 at 12:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by coverco View Post
    Are you sure the pipe is leaking Colin and not just the jubilee clips? It is quite common for the original Toyota clips to allow water to pass and many people have posted about it before. If it is the pipes just cut out the bad bit and replace with copper pipes and rubber pipes, you do not see the pipes and all you need is a waterproof seal.
    Good luck with the wedding

For info
    http://www.mr2mk1club.com/showthread...t=Heater+pipes
    Cheers for info i will get on it hopefully at the weekend need to get covers of to be sure
    When the spirits are low, when the day appears dark, when work becomes monotonous, when hope hardly seems worth having, just get in your MR2 and go out for a spin down the road, without thought on anything but the drive you are taking."

I repaired mine by cutting off the bad end and replacing with copper flexi pipes. It works perfectly. I will replace them all one day but for now it is great. Good luck.

cheers
    Have sourced a pair from Paul Sims so will probally replace them and if the old ones are repairable i will keep them for spares
    Thanks again

MR2 Obsessive
    You do know it is a real pig of a job to totally replace the pipes Colin and even good secondhand pipes will be over 30 years old!
    Most people go for the bodge option
    Last edited by coverco; 12th July 2017 at 09:06 PM.

MR2 Newbie
    I may be able to help with pipes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk