Thread: 1989 White T-Bar MK1 for sale, rot and leak free!

1989 White T-Bar MK1 for sale, rot and leak free!

Well this is a little unforseen but I'm selling my MK1.

The car is in great condition and has no rot. The front wings, front valance, rear valance and rear arches have been replaced (pics with history to prove). There's no rot anywhere, I've had it up on a ramp and its solid, its also been undersealed.

This is a perfect example of an everyday usable classic. Its not perfect, it is nearly 28 years old and I'm not asking perfect money.

- 1989 White T Bar
    - NO ROT
    - NO LEAKS
    - 9 Months MOT
    - 23 stamps in the service book plus stacks of receipts including T bar seals replacement

Last serviced in February 2017 and has recently had new rear brake pads and a genuine OEM thermostat and coolant change (by me). It runs great, and uses no oil or water.

There are a few minor jobs I was planning to do, but the car would be fine without them:

- Manual choke conversion (provided)
    - Jimi bracket (provided)
    - Tracking
    - Wheel balancing (if I'm being fussy)

I bought this car with the intention of tinkering with it until our baby arrives in September. To be perfectly honest reality has set in and the car hasn't got a look in so I'm looking to sell it, rather than leave it being unused.

I would consider a PX for a 4/5 seater classic like a Celica/Supra/Prelude/Golf MK2 Gti etc.

More pics available on request, I have nothing to hide with this car so any inspection welcome its truly a good example.

2000 for club members, will include the choke conversion & jimi bracket for the right money.

I'm not in a rush to get rid, I would rather keep it than let it go for peanuts!

Text/call/WhatsApp me on Zero Seven Seven Zero Three 464534

Car is located in Leicester
    Last edited by Liggy; 19th June 2017 at 03:21 PM.

Great price. Good luck with the sale.

MR2 Fan
    Great looking car, whereabouts is it?

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by gonae86 View Post
    Great looking car, whereabouts is it?

Sorry, I'm in Leicester - have edited original post

What a beautiful car. I torture myself by looking on here everyday as I'll be buying one by the end of the year (not having had one for almost 5yrs now) but im getting married at the start of August. I'm tempted to buy it and hide it for a few months but I think my marriage would be over before it begins....

Really nice example and if my temptation gets the better of me ill be in touch.

Quote Originally Posted by Tellso View Post
    im getting married at the start of August. I'm tempted to buy it and hide it for a few months but I think my marriage would be over before it begins....
    A white one would make a lovely wedding car! What a romantic gesture that would be!

Quote Originally Posted by Gilles27 View Post
    A white one would make a lovely wedding car! What a romantic gesture that would be!
    I'd love to drive it down to Greece but sadly she doesn't share my enthusiasm for the wonderful little car

MR2 Fan
    Woman....