Thread: Dodgy Adrian Flux - Wouldn't recommend them to anyone again!

MR2 Fan

Dodgy Adrian Flux - Wouldn't recommend them to anyone again!

So, as everyone is well aware, I had to sadly sell my prized Mk1 Mr2 this weekend. Moved house and lost the space. Seven years ownership and care of a classic car and I got £1k in return. Which hurt a lot. To make matters worse. Just rang up to cancel my classic car insurance with Adrian Flux and found out that rather than just end it or pay an extra month (I was on direct debit) that I in fact have to pay the rest of the policy off. That's £105 for a car that I no longer own. And a tenth of what I received for it. An absolute joke. I asked if it would be any different on an upfront annual policy and apparently not.

Adrian Flux do not work like any other insurer and are an absolute joke.

Dread to think what it would be like if you crashed it or needed to use them.

So thanks for nothing Adrian Flux. I've asked for an explanation in writing as I'm going to be writing an article on this.

Please share this with any other clubs and forums and do yourself a favour, if you think you might have to sell a car or don't have another classic to transfer it over to, don't use Adrian Flux.

Hi Paul,

Sorry that you had to let your car go.

Unfortunately, a lot of classic car policies and companies work on a no-cancellation policy, ie. no matter how you pay for them, they will run for the full 12 months from a cost perspective. This should have been included in all your original documentation.

Hope that helps in some way.

Cheers,
    Tom

Did you read the terms and conditions before you took out the policy?

I have had nothing but excellent service from AF over the last 10 years whenever I've used them.

MR2 Fan
    Of course not! Who in the world has time to read small print. I'm pretty sure there's legal precedent now that it's not enforceable either. The long and short of it is that they should operate in a way which is transparent, tell you clearly, and realistically should be like any other insurer and just let it go.
    Last edited by paulmannion; 12th June 2017 at 12:03 PM.

I don't normally pay for my insurance all in one go, but this year was so cheap, even with the 4AGZE conversion, I paid it off in one go and they did say on the phone that if I was to cancel it, I would not get back any money. Whenever I've taken out a policy with them not necessarily for the MR2, they've always said about payments etc.

I'm sorry you feel this is unfair Paul.

Edited just to keep it on topic guys.

Quote Originally Posted by paulmannion View Post
    So, as everyone is well aware, I had to sadly sell my prized Mk1 Mr2 this weekend. Moved house and lost the space. Seven years ownership and care of a classic car and I got £1k in return. Which hurt a lot. To make matters worse. Just rang up to cancel my classic car insurance with Adrian Flux and found out that rather than just end it or pay an extra month (I was on direct debit) that I in fact have to pay the rest of the policy off. That's £105 for a car that I no longer own. And a tenth of what I received for it. An absolute joke. I asked if it would be any different on an upfront annual policy and apparently not.

Adrian Flux do not work like any other insurer and are an absolute joke.

Dread to think what it would be like if you crashed it or needed to use them.

So thanks for nothing Adrian Flux. I've asked for an explanation in writing as I'm going to be writing an article on this.

Please share this with any other clubs and forums and do yourself a favour, if you think you might have to sell a car or don't have another classic to transfer it over to, don't use Adrian Flux.
    Hi Paul, sorry you feel this way. If you wanted to PM me your policy details I'd be happy to look into this for you to see if there is anything that could have been done differently.

Kind Regards
    Dan

Hi. Out of interest how cheap was your 4agze given your age etc? Thanks!

£136 fully comp with 3 points - I got another quote recently, as i've since gained a further 6 points, totalling me up to 9. It went up to £200 fully comp with all mods. Quite reasonable...

AF have given a great service to me in the past and currently with this one.

The above negativity is due to not reading T&Cs