Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: D263FDG silver sunroof for sale. No offers. Asking £1500. Includes spares.

MR2 Fan
    Car sold.

MR2 Fan
    Glad you got it shifted.. I do think I will regret not getting this one....but then as they say, timing is everything.

Was it sold to anyone on here? It's a real shame you had to get rid. Hope it went to a good home.

MR2 Fan
    Yeh I believe so Anthony. Bill and Michael who were at Tatton with you? I was happy it's gone to an enthusiast and someone who knows the car. I had so many time wasters asking me stupid questions.

I'm amazed you had time-wasters at that price to be honest. A real shame really! I know how difficult it is though; I too moved from a place with a garage to a place without in a different city (and even just with 1 parking spot when I have a diesel commuter box as well as the MR2) and sometimes I really consider selling up as it's a huge pain. I feel for you. Glad it's gone to a club member though!

Quote Originally Posted by paulmannion View Post
    Yeh I believe so Anthony. Bill and Michael who were at Tatton with you? I was happy it's gone to an enthusiast and someone who knows the car. I had so many time wasters asking me stupid questions.
    Oh, at least that's a bit of good news! I found selling mine very frustrating as I got some ridiculous offers and I was about to give up on selling it when someone responded to my GumTree ad and turned up with the money I wanted. It's especially hard to get a decent price if you want to sell relatively quickly. Looking at Tom's chart the numbers of these is falling very quickly, so maybe one day we'll get to really see prices go up as demand out-strips supply.

MR2 Fan
    I hope you're right Anthony but I was amazed. I was confident I would get £2k at least, that's how I persuaded the Mrs to let me keep it as long as I did!

My general takeaways are that people like the car but they want it for the same price they paid 10 years ago (which ironically I pretty much sold mine for), they want the paint to be perfect and no rust over the mechanics being in good order or the interior being clean, and the oddest thing I found was people making offers without seeing it! I got countless £500 and I'll take it today..."

One guy came from London with his mate in a Mk1 Mx5 and was stood there saying "do you want that for £1,500 or you could get mine for £1,500"... I had to bite my tongue. Like comparing apples and pears.

I had a guy drive up from London to see mine. We went for a test drive and he seemed impressed. I offered to let him drive and he wasn't keen as he 'didn't like cars without power steering'! I didn't hear from him again!