Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 81.5mm oversized Pistons

Quote Originally Posted by markjane35 View Post
    I think they are the lower compression ones as the crown is not raised.
    You’re probably right but they’re aftermarket pistons so guess the vehicle specific factory CR specs are largely irrelevant.

Do you know what make they are? I might be able to look into it. It’s a lot of maths if I can’t find out the easy way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure of the make. They have a number on them. 16020.

Cheers Mark,

http://www.aeu86.org/forum/Thread-Ge...v-3rib-bluetop

It looks like they are low comp ones. Very helpful of the manufacturer to put that number on despite not branding them!

I'm going to head over to the machine shop today, measure my crank and take a photo of my pistons. I might be imagining it but I'm sure mine had the dome on top.

Mate, I hate to have messed you about but I think were going to have to pass on them.

If it was a like-for-like swap I would be very gratefully biting your hand off for them but after going to the garage I spoke to the main man and he reckons we only just in re-bore territory and I can see they are are a different CR. I think ours are 10.0 and yours are the standard 3-rib 9.4

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0518.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	92.3 KB 
ID:	4554

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0520.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	90.8 KB 
ID:	4555

This, combined with the crank swap making the whole engine bit of a mongrel, not to mention all the cash we'd be spending makes me think we might just be better off seeing if we can get a season out of her as she is and then make a plan when we can focus our spending on trouble shooting stuff like this. we've just got too many other parts of the project that need the cash at the moment.

I've just spent £400 quid i wasn't planning on spending on fibreglass panels from one of the other club guys!

once again, sincerest apologies mate

42mm cranks are not rare, they are standard on 1b engines.
    Black is not a colour ! .... Its the absence of colour

Quote Originally Posted by jimi View Post
    42mm cranks are not rare, they are standard on 1b engines.
    Yeah, I realise that now, it’s the 40mm ones that are harder to find. I also had no idea about the all the rod configurations and all the different CR’s used across the lifetime of the 4age. Before this thread.

I can tell you all about a piston just from looking at the part number now though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Toyota did like to mix things up with these engines. Dave not a problem about the pistons just glad to help.

Sorry I forgot they also did 10.1 pistons, I had a set come out of my spare engine which came from a Euro Spec Corolla GT . They are definitely 10.1

They are also very, very rare and worth quite a bit.
    Last edited by superwhite90; 14th March 2018 at 10:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by superwhite90 View Post
    Sorry I forgot they also did 10.1 pistons, I had a set come out of my spare engine which came from a Euro Spec Corolla GT . They are definitely 10.1

They are also very, very rare and worth quite a bit.
    It took me ages to find out for sure but AW11's left the factory with them too. '13101-16080' is the part number on mine. I think '........16030' are also 10:1.

https://toyota-europe.epc-data.com/m...ne/1301/13101/

and check this out:

https://www.amayama.com/en/part/toyota/1310316080

these are the +0.5 version, In stock, in Japan. Shipped for 200 odd quid a set. That's half the price of the ones in the UK on ebay!.

Has anybody ever heard of or dealt with these guys before?? They seem pretty legit.