Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: TATTON PARK Classic car spectacular 3rd & 4th June

If any of you have a spare switch blank. Can you please take to tatton and I will have off you. It's the blank next to the coin holder

MR2 Enthusiast
    Have you done away with your manual choke conversion ?

MR2 Enthusiast
    Yes... Just wondering if you had a manual choke conversion and then decided to do away with it and now need a blank now that the switch has gone ?

I like the manual choke conversion but its a bit, errrm.. agricultural because its just open and then closed once the switch is flipped It would be nice if there was a stepper motor to close off the air as it warms up and the Wax unit is rather unpredictable - apparently and that revving to 2000 on a cold engine sends a shudder through me !

If there was a system that was better than I would def go down that route !

Mines on twin40s so I have had to run a choke. Not that it's ever needed. I cut a hole in the blank for a USB. But now my audio has one built in. So just need a full blank again

Quote Originally Posted by Evo4Jon View Post
    Yes... Just wondering if you had a manual choke conversion and then decided to do away with it and now need a blank now that the switch has gone ?

I like the manual choke conversion but its a bit, errrm.. agricultural because its just open and then closed once the switch is flipped It would be nice if there was a stepper motor to close off the air as it warms up and the Wax unit is rather unpredictable - apparently and that revving to 2000 on a cold engine sends a shudder through me !

If there was a system that was better than I would def go down that route !
    I redid mine using a MR2 MK2 AC idle up solenoid, which has an adjuster that allows you to adjust the idle speed when the solenoid is open. I set it at about 1500/1600 rpm (any lower and the car wouldn't idle when cold) also put in a time delay relay so that it automatically switches off after 3mins (in case I forget to switch it off ) the 3mins was a guess on my part, in reality you can probably get away with half that. Articles here CLICKY and here CLICKY2
    Last edited by jimi; 26th May 2017 at 11:25 PM.
    Black is not a colour ! .... Its the absence of colour

MR2 Enthusiast
    Thanks for that. I will see if my solenoid is the same. Cheers

Hi , Andrew and i will be at tatton around 2.30 pm on friday to set camp up , the new club fire pit is in my car campers so happy days . See you this weekend looking forward to it .

Have a great weekend! Let me know what the new gazebo is like!

Anyone with a spare switch blank, could you please take to Tatton. Would be very very appreciated