Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast

Thread: ** Save the Date! ** - Silverstone Classic 2017 - 28th to 30th July 2017

Great pic Tom, looks like you're all having a great time.

Jonathan

We have put in a request to Tom that this might be useful for next year as the club van

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry for the let down on my part for the second year running. I booked my holiday right over the top of the weekend lol. My Dad bought my car on my behalf yesterday but he had a hospitality suite so would imagine he left the car on the pitch and buggered off up there for the day.

Extremely sad to be selling mine. I've tried every way possible to keep it but we are the agonising 5k short of getting on the property ladder so its got to go. So sad to sell it that I'm going to pass it on to my Dad to sell for me as I won't be able to bare completing the sale. On the plus side I don't physically need the money until October so not going to rush to list it. There will have been a for sale sign on it there yesterday just because it seemed silly to miss the opportunity
    Last edited by Crossle; 30th July 2017 at 10:22 AM.

I'll post up a more comprehensive post at the weekend as I'm currently whizzing through Germany on a train for work, which is rather weird after spending 3 1/2 days at Silverstone.

Thank you to all of those that brought cars, provided camper hospitality, conversation, laughs and assistance on the stand.

The weather held up during the days most of the time, if not a bit breezy, but the evenings were pretty horrible. Nevertheless, we made the most of it and had a cracking time.

Thanks to Tommy (coverco) for helping me sort the welding on my exhaust bracket at the last moment. Silverstone is the sort of event that encourages you to make the effort, even if that means me being underneath the car at 10:30pm last Wednesday night, haha.

Cheers again.

Chairman Tom

MR2 Obsessive
    Was your exhaust OK mate? Great weekend apart from the weather, it really is useful having a couple of camper vans at the event
    The cars were excellent this year, 120 McClarens on the track and Mansells old Williams at full speed down the international straight were highlights for me. The groups were really good as well, we watched The Who tribute, The Bootleg Beatles, Dire Straits experience and Tony Hadley, we did get very wet but they were all very entertaining. I think this event just gets better every year!

Once again Tom thanks for organising the event. I really appreciated that you used my picture in the program, even if it's so small. I'll be first to get my name down for next year.

I need to do some more sitting down next time and not spend all day walking around. By three in the afternoon we were exhausted. Once again falling asleep with a glass of whiskey, before the evening music had even started!

Highlights for me were watching the Lotus Cortinas and Minis racing together. The Mini's were on three wheels pretty much all the time! Getting to stand in a small room with the Williams F1 car while the engineers revved it's nuts off Along with seeing 50 XJ220s lined up together, something I'll never see again.

Your a credit to the club Tom. Here's some of my pictures from it all. There's hundreds I've yet to sort through.

MR2 Stand
    by Dan Simpson, on Flickr

MR2 Stand

MR2 Stand

MR2 Stand

MR2 Stand
    Last edited by Sillyhatday; 31st July 2017 at 03:59 PM.

Once again a great weekend. Great company as always so a big thanks to all especially Gary, Bill and Mike who bore the brunt of my company! Thanks to Tom as always for getting us all organised and good to catch up with Lois as well. Sorry I did not manage to have a jar with Tommy and Carolyn and Sonya and the girls - thought we had missed a natter with Anthony but he turned up with beer on Sunday evening and we had a good catch up.

Dan is correct there is loads to see that you end up spoilt for choice and what's that about drinking in the afternoon!

Already looking forward to 2018!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

My favourite one of our cars so far

MR2 Stand by Dan Simpson, on Flickr

And one of those crazy Jags!

Jaguar Experiance by Dan Simpson, on Flickr

Was a really fun weekend. Here's some of my pictures.

This miniature Tyrell was on the campsite.

Not all the cars were old. The Honda NSX club were next to us and had this on their stand.

But a lot of the cars were old, and beautiful!

There was a celebrity race. One of the competitors was Howard Donald who the commentator described as "the drummer from Take That"!

The floor in the pit garages was still painted from when the F1 had been here 2 weeks ago. Here's the Haas garage.

Nigel Mansell's Williams had some wheels missing.

This Williams had more than enough wheels.

My wife's friend told us that her husband was racing. This is him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sillyhatday View Post
    My favourite one of our cars so far

MR2 Stand by Dan Simpson, on Flickr

And one of those crazy Jags!

Jaguar Experiance by Dan Simpson, on Flickr
    Love you photo of the MR2s

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk