Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: ** Save the Date! ** - Silverstone Classic 2017 - 28th to 30th July 2017

Quote Originally Posted by coverco View Post
    Hopefully we will be meeting at the Watford Gap services around 1pm. Anthony and I are hoping to hit the M1 at Jnct 37 around 11am so we should be at Watford Gap around 1pm. It is another 30 to 40 minutes to Silverstone from there, so McDonalds lunch and head to Silverstone for around 2 or 3pm. Are you joining us Graham, Gary and Bill?
    I will meet you at Watford Gap at 1pm - sounds like a plan.

Sent from my K109 using Tapatalk

See you all at Watford Gap at 1pm roll on Thursday

MR2 Obsessive
    Excellent, Anthony is bringing his car so Sonia will be towing the caravan, we all have each others mobiles so any problems we will be able to contact each other
    I will give Bill a call just to see if he can make it and let you know, fingers crossed.
    Roll on Thursday

** Save the Date! ** - Silverstone Classic 2017 - 28th to 30th July 2017

Excellent, Anthony is bringing his car so Sonia will be towing the caravan, we all have each others mobiles so any problems we will be able to contact each other
    I will give Bill a call just to see if he can make it and let you know, fingers crossed.
    Roll on Thursday
    In have sent 'new' Bill a message asking him if he would like to meet at Watford Gap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MR2 Obsessive
    Everyone is welcome to meet at Watford Gap, it is easy to convoy in together and we can all camp together. Anthony and I are on ehu so have to arrive together.

MR2 Obsessive
    To all those who have not been to the Classic before please come and see us on the Thursday night for a few beers. We have electric hook up and are happy to charge phones or anything else. Also it is useful to be prepared as there is so much to do at the show, Friday tends to be the quietest day so you need to take advantage of the smaller queues at certain things. Getting to the wing is easy if you know how but it took me 3 years to find out how
    The 4x4 experience is great but it is not well signposted and the Jaguar drifting is great. The drifting is very close to our stand so should be easy to find. It is well worth buying a program and ear radios as they make the races much more followable (not sure that is a word lol). The programs are massive and have so much useful information in them. Security is supposed to be more stringent this year so there may be queues on the gates but hopefully not too bad.
    Anyway enough waffle but please do try to get to either Gary, Tom and Grahams camp or Anthony and my camp to meet up

Security is supposed to be more stringent this year so there may be queues on the gates but hopefully not too bad.
    There were no queues at the Grand Prix. They seemed to check about 1 bag in 5. Looking forward to heading back again soon!

MR2 Obsessive
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilles27 View Post
    There were no queues at the Grand Prix. They seemed to check about 1 bag in 5. Looking forward to heading back again soon!
    Good to know, I got an email from Silverstone to say there would be armed police and more checks but if the Grand Prix was OK the classic will be fine. Are you OK for hitting the M1 around 11am, well Sonia really because we will be slower than you in your MR2

Are you OK for hitting the M1 around 11am, well Sonia really because we will be slower than you in your MR2
    Yep!

It look like I have two spare tickets for Friday and Sunday - a friend was coming for the weekend can now only makes Saturday so if anyone can use them let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk