Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Peaks run 21 may 2017

Don't worry, any air space in the MR2 not occupied by food or tent, will be filled with beer!

I hear Tom likes a drink

MR2 Fan
    That tunnel run looked a bit of a tight fit for the MR2 !!

MR2 Fan
    Not seen an MR2 in that Blue colour before.

Cant wait to see it in the metal

Quote Originally Posted by chasmundo View Post
    That tunnel run looked a bit of a tight fit for the MR2 !!
    Certainly was. Didn't help I forgot to turn my lights on LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Evo4Jon View Post
    How did people with coil-overs find the run out around the peaks ?

My wife, Sophie was speaking a bit like she had a wire loose (instead of a screw loose) during the more bumpy sections as she was getting the wind knocked out of her. I said that I was considering lowering my car after noticing that the ride height was much higher than some of the others on the run and she said "Will the ride be any harsher than it is now ?" with a look of worry in her eyes!

Wondering if Lowering springs would still feel and comfy as stock suspension (but I have poly bushed and fitted KYB gas struts all round - so not really stock)
    My car doesn't like it it prefers the nice smooth roads of the Wales run!! But Rohan loves it every time we at off the ground

We have BC Coil-overs & slightly lowered springs. The ride is much better, when you get used to it. They're set on the softest ride at the moment but they have about 30 settings so we might be stiffening them up, gradually, to see how they feel. However I wouldn't recommend the stiffest setting for the public highway, Sophie may need a visit to the chiropractor.

Hope this helps, cheers Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Evo4Jon View Post
    How did people with coil-overs find the run out around the peaks ?

My wife, Sophie was speaking a bit like she had a wire loose (instead of a screw loose) during the more bumpy sections as she was getting the wind knocked out of her. I said that I was considering lowering my car after noticing that the ride height was much higher than some of the others on the run and she said "Will the ride be any harsher than it is now ?" with a look of worry in her eyes!

Wondering if Lowering springs would still feel and comfy as stock suspension (but I have poly bushed and fitted KYB gas struts all round - so not really stock)

Thanks for a great run Garry, most enjoyable.

Have you ventured into the shed yet for that engine cover?

Cheers, Bill

Quote Originally Posted by mk1 dal View Post
    Today was perfect for the peaks run and very light traffic made life more enjoyable as we could push the cars a lot more . Thanks for every one who attended and i hoped you all had a good time , nice to see new faces on the run and a pleasure to meet you . i will run the peaks next year and should have found a super charger by then . I think this is the first run i have been on where i haven't had my head under a engine lid