Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Peaks run 21 may 2017

MR2 Enthusiast
    Cracking day out. Great roads with good company. Thanks Gary for leading us all over the Peaks.

See you at Tatton

Thanks to Giles and Dan for posting the pics !!
    Last edited by Evo4Jon; 22nd May 2017 at 04:04 PM.

Today was perfect for the peaks run and very light traffic made life more enjoyable as we could push the cars a lot more . Thanks for every one who attended and i hoped you all had a good time , nice to see new faces on the run and a pleasure to meet you . i will run the peaks next year and should have found a super charger by then . I think this is the first run i have been on where i haven't had my head under a engine lid

Thank you to everyone for a great day out. Always good to catch up with old friends and meet a few new faces.

Quote Originally Posted by michaeljapp View Post
    Thank you to everyone for a great day out. Always good to catch up with old friends and meet a few new faces.
    I'm enjoying telling people that my car is now fitted with carbon brake discs!

(Michael has given me a pair of carbon fibre brake discs from a GP2/F2 car. They are in the boot of my car, so my car has carbon brake discs!)

MR2 Enthusiast
    How did people with coil-overs find the run out around the peaks ?

My wife, Sophie was speaking a bit like she had a wire loose (instead of a screw loose) during the more bumpy sections as she was getting the wind knocked out of her. I said that I was considering lowering my car after noticing that the ride height was much higher than some of the others on the run and she said "Will the ride be any harsher than it is now ?" with a look of worry in her eyes!

Wondering if Lowering springs would still feel and comfy as stock suspension (but I have poly bushed and fitted KYB gas struts all round - so not really stock)

I must say Jon, I was wondering the same thing. Lowering springs and some nice wheels. Most of the fun was not worrying about pot holes and bumps so much.

I thought we'd get to see some pics of your motor on the run Dan, or have you not finished photoshopping the rust off?

Haha. I'm wrestling to upload them as we speak. I don't know why I'm having so much trouble.

Well they will be uploaded after I'm done with photoshop...

...And here they are.

Thanks for leading mk1 dal. A superb job, made it seem effortless. I'm sorry I didn't stay for a drink at the end, I was pretty drained and needed to get the drive back over with (meeting new people, lots of driving and learning the ropes, it really was a full day). Hopefully plenty of time to sit around and chat at Silverstone!
    Last edited by Sillyhatday; 22nd May 2017 at 07:44 PM.

Good to see the pictures and glad to know you enjoyed the day. Plenty of time to natter at Silverstone - make sure you come well stocked with beer!