Thread: Back after a hiatus

Back after a hiatus

Hi all,
    Some of you know me, many probably don't. I was more actively involved in the MR2 scene a number of years back. Then, I wasn't.

I've had my red Mk1 for just over 10 years now. Her and I first saw each other over 20 years ago though. She's not a show-winner but I still love her.
    Since first buying Aiko, I've actually owned 3 other MR2s (each a different story) but they've come & gone and she's stayed.

Deciding to finally sort out some issues the MR2 has, I also decided it was time to get a little more involved again. Not hugely, but at least enough to catch up with old friends again.

I also figured, if I'm going to post back here again, I may as well reintroduce myself!
    Click here for Forum How-tos
    Also follow the above link for web/forum contact info.

MR2 Obsessive
    Welcome back Max, the forum is not as active as it was in the past. I guess a single marque club is always going to have a finite life, however the events scene is still very good. Silverstone Classic is our big event and if you get a chance I highly recommend it, great cars, good groups and loads to see and do.

Welcome back. Only just getting involved myself.

Just been poking about your profile to see your MR2. Some stunning pictures there. Looks like a great car

Hi Both!
    Yes, Tommy; I've noticed all the forums are a lot quieter than they used to be. I guess that's inevitable, even if only because of the dwindling number of cars.
    Good to hear the events are still going strong! I've been to Silverstone classic 6 times (4 times with the club). This year I decided to go to the Goodwood Revival instead; living much closer and never having been it made more sense!

James, thanks for that. That was her in her prime. I'm hoping to get her back at that level or better soon. I have a nice photo from France from more recent years with a bunch of kids around it too - I should probably upload that. I forget how novel a car like this is still can be here where it was sold, but in France it's really rare!
    Click here for Forum How-tos
    Also follow the above link for web/forum contact info.

I remember you Max

Oh... Drat.

Welcome back Max!

Looking forward to the updates on your car and having you around again.

Don't know if you remember me but it's good to see you back!
    James
    There's no rust on my car. But there are some sizable holes where the rust fell out.

Hi James! (Waves) Yes, I remember your username from a few years back!