Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trying to get back in

MR2 Newbie
    Thanks Tom,

It certainly does buddy, it's good to know what I should be aiming for.

Make sure you cover all bases in your search. You can set up alerts on eBay, Shpock, Gumtree, Preloved, and AutoTrader. Check the For Sale section on this forum and IMOC and PistonHeads and any other car forums you can find. There are a few mr2 related Facebook Groups where cars sometimes come up for sale so join them.

If you find one for sale that's not too far away go and look at it no matter what the price or condition so you can sit in one and have a poke around. It'll add to your knowledge when it comes to looking for 'the one'.

Will it be a daily driver, a garage queen, or somewhere in between? Make a list of what you like about ones you've seen. You might like the wheels on one car, the colour of another, and the interior of a third car. If you've made a description of your ideal car it helps. Oh, and try to increase your budget. Go for something that's above your budget, and negotiate hard, rather than just looking for something that's in your budget.

Don't spend forever looking. Be aware that once you get one it is unlikely to be your last one. Get one you like and then after a while you can get one you love!

MR2 Newbie
    That's all great advice, thank you. I've joined the MR2 group on facebook and had a nose on IMOC, but there doesn't appear to be much on there.

In terms of use, it's going to be a 2nd/3rd car, but it'll absolutely need to earn its keep, as I don't believe in cars as ornaments. It'll get plenty of hard use and the odd track day.

Thanks again for your help, I'm just about to post in the mr2 general chat forum now about a car I saw today, so would be interested in your input on that post.