Thread: Telford first timer.

Telford first timer.

Hi, guys.

So I've gotten an MR2, actually got it back in March.

It's my first car and I'm just waiting to get my license. I got the right car at the right time and right price, as I've seen their prices soar lately.

So I found out about this place from my car keys, of all things, as this vehicle has previously been a member of your club and the keys have a very fetching MR2 badge keyring.

I got into MR2s from Forza and I was planning on either getting an AE86, Volvo 240 or an MR2 and the episode of Regular Car Reviews, coupled with the nice guy who let me sit in his own AW11 and get the feeling of it cemented it for me. So now I have a really nice car.

There's a few things not standard on it, plus a couple of small problems, but it's pretty much sound and I'm chuffed to be it's custodian.

Anyway, sorry about the rambling.

See you in the forums.

Nathaniel.

Hi Nathaniel. That's a nice and original looking car.

So, do we know who's it was?

Quote Originally Posted by Gilles27 View Post
    Hi Nathaniel. That's a nice and original looking car.

So, do we know who's it was?
    I'm not sure. I bought this off a dealer.

However, some clues may help.

It's had the original filter pipe taken off and it's fitted with an K&N air filter, straight on the intake.
    The horn is not operated by the steering wheel, but by a brushed aluminium button behind it.
    After market speakers and radio, Alpine and Silver Crest, respectively.
    Clear indicator lights on the side.
    Clifford Immobilizer
    and a now redundant Scorpion 735.

So those are some things that may mean something to someone.

Welcome to the club
    Looks like a tidy car, my mk1 was my first car aswell
    The reg might help work out whose it was
    Yes i talk to myself, sometimes i need a professional opinion

Sure, lil' dubious about posting it online,but it's

G140 ELC.

I also forgot to mention that it has the badge of a Mark 3 MR2, in place of the transfer original.

Also, thank you! I must get paid up at some point, the club seems pretty cool.

Welcome along, tidy looking example!

Yup, I'd certainly condone joining up. It gives you access to a wide range of technical help, as well as giving you free or reduced price entry to many events throughout the year.

Cheers,
    Tom

And reduced insurance, by the looks of it. That's pretty darn cool.

I've seen a few of the meet-ups on Youtube, too. (Which I was scanning for my car, naturally) So I'm looking forward to those.

Incidentally, I go to Pembrokeshire a lot, so I may be able to swing by Neil Jones' place if anyone needs parts in the future.

Next thing to do is buy the Ventora I've been offered and I'll have the makings of a car collection. :P

Hi and welcome.
    If you need any help with insurance at all then please feel free to drop me a line. I'd be only too pleased to try and help.
    Regards,
    Dan.

Looks like a great first car! Adrian flux did me a good quote on my AW11.

Hope you're planning to look after it, I've been finding mechanical parts are quite easy to find

Hey, guys.

So owing to circumstances beyond my control, my car ended up standing for a few month. Had some family problems.

Well I'm ready to get her on the road. What do I need to be aware of, after the car has been standing? It's been garaged, so that's a mercy.

What kind of things will I need to do to make it MOT ready? Standing is going to mess around with something, so I want a clear idea of what I'm looking at first.

I'd also like to know which oil would be best for a stock 4A-GE, and Gearbox.