Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mica Blue for sale - no mot

Mica Blue for sale - no mot

My car failed it's mot as it needed some welding doing at the front end. I was quoted £800-£1200 to do it!

This was over a week ago and I'm just starting to come to terms with the news that my beautiful car is dead.
    So, it is with a heavy heart that I offer it for sale in here. It is drivable. I drove it to work and back on Friday Sept 30th, which was the last day of it's mot. It's got a great interior and the bodywork is all pretty good. It has a Magnex exhaust. The engine is great, but has a slight oil leak.
    I'm struggling to know how much to ask for as this seems a better car than most others I see classed as 'spares or repairs' which seem to be going for £500-£600. I thought I'd put it on here for a week or so and see if there's any interest. I'm not in a rush to sell, but I also don't want it sat on the drive forever. Here are some pictures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Gilles27; 25th October 2016 at 12:14 PM.

That's a really tough decision, but are you sure it isn't worth repairing? Photographs can hide a variety of ills but it does look in remarkably good shape other than what you have eluded to. Is it that it is uneconomic to repair or simply cannot be repaired? If it's the former, bear in mind that it will cost you several thousand pounds to buy another one in better condition, money which could be spent doing the welding on the car you already know.

I bought a right pear over a year ago and believe you me, save for it's colour It's a right off with soooo much welding needing doing, much of it to the sub frames. Fortunately I've found a decent shell for a very reasonable amount that I can use now. I don't suggest you do the same and I Gary is the man having seen your issues first hand but everything is repairable, it's whether it's worth it to YOU.

Aww no I would hate to see it broken it's such a nice car
    As mentioned previously everything is repairable my own mk1 is testament to that.
    Although it might not be viable to have someone else repair it properly it might be saveable.
    Did you take any photos of the rust?
    Yes i talk to myself, sometimes i need a professional opinion

Here's the mot failure report

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Gilles27; 25th October 2016 at 12:15 PM.

Obviously I'd love to have it repaired. If someone wants to buy it and fix it I'd be very happy!

If you were willing to break it I could come and collect the parts on the way home from site (when I next go to Middlesbrough).

Quote Originally Posted by superwhite90 View Post
    If you were willing to break it I could come and collect the parts on the way home from site (when I next go to Middlesbrough).
    I don't mind it being broken, but it would have to be done by whoever buys it.

Buys the car or buys the parts? It's too far for me to tow home.

Quote Originally Posted by superwhite90 View Post
    Buys the car or buys the parts? It's too far for me to tow home.
    Sorry, I mean I want to sell the whole thing. I don't want it to be broken here. I appreciate I'm a long way from you. If I had the time or space to break it myself I would and then I could sell the parts separately and probably make much more money.

Thanks for your interest anyway.

The seats and door cards if immaculate may fetch £300 to the right buyer. I would be interested in the exhaust of in good condition. Good luck with the sale.