Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MR2 Epsom to Eastbourne Run - 18th September

Quote Originally Posted by MylesHSG View Post
    Sorry Alan, I'm not going to be able to make it after all. Hope all goes well and I'll try and make the next event. Hope you have a great time.
    Ok Myles, thanks for letting us know. We'll catch up with you another time.

Epsom to Eastbourne Run 18th September report

11 MR2’s arrived at the Toyota HQ Building on the Sunday morning. Once again we were gratefully to the guys at Toyota for opening their premises for us to start the run. Out of the 11 cars only 2 were MK1’ 5 MK2’s and 4 MK3’s including the one from the Toyota heritage fleet that came with us for the whole day.
    The route planned was divided into 5 stages and as 11.00am approach everyone was keen to start stage 1 with a 30 minute blast to the Grasshopper Inn near Westerham. After a short break we started stage 2 a leisurely 30 minute dive along the B2026 through Crockham hill and Edenbridge stopping once again at the farm shop in Hartfield where we could have a cup of tea or lunch, but nobody bothered eating as everyone was keen to continue the run.
    Stage 3 was supposed to be a short 10 minute drive stopping as we pass through the Ashdown Forest for a photo shoot but we couldn’t find a good spot as it was very busy so we continued without stopping straight into stage 4. Stage 4 is the longest stage, a 40 mile 90 minute drive to Beachy head near Eastbourne but diverting onto the A26 to Lewes and then the A27 through Seaford and ending up at Beachy Head. Things were going well until Steve Kingsnorth got stuck behind a slow moving tractor. By time tractor has turned off the MR2’s ahead of him were out of sight so SK put his foot down to catch up but unfortunately in his haste he missed the turn off towards Lewes and continued the wrong way taking half the convoy who was following behind with him. Somehow, don’t ask me how but they found us en-route. They took a chance, followed another road which turned out to be a short cut and met us in a layby on the A27. Fluke!. We all set off again in convoy and reached Beachy Head without any further dramas.
    From Beachy Head the final stage was a dive to a pub where a table had been booked. Some headed home from Beachy Head, the remainder headed for the pub. A very enjoyable 75 mile route plus another 75miles to get home in time for diner and a well deserved Glass (bottle) of wine Cheers!

[URL=http://s810.photobucket.com/user/alan-SE/media/Events%202016/Epsom%20to%20Eastbourne%20Run/MR2%20Eastbone%20Run%2006.jpg.html][/URL

These photos below have been copied from the Drivers Club facebook page and Toyota GB Blog.

So wanted to come on the run but just can't put up with my smokey exhaust. Hope to come next time. Mr2 will be getting another engine which is in the process of being rebuild in my garage.