Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: TdF in the Dales - Yorkshire Run Sept 25th

Quote Originally Posted by The Silver Fox View Post
    Thanks for putting the route up though, I might have a go some other time.
    You should. I did it by myself using just the written instructions without looking at the map. It's a beautiful route.

Hi,

Please add me for this run Cheers, Jay

Hello,
    Please add me, thanks.
    Mark R (ReDorDeD)

For anyone who is interested in going on this run, you can get a taster of part of the route ( albeit in the opposite direction) by watching the BBC 4 documentary 'All Aboard The Country Bus', which was originally shown on Bank Holiday Monday evening but is still available on i player. This is a two hour film shot in real time from cameras on the No 830 Dalesman bus running between Richmond and Ingleton. There is no commentary and no background music. Four million people watched it when it was shown on Monday evening! If you don't want to watch it all, fast forward to 31 minutes in where the bus reaches Reeth and watch the next hour as the bus goes over Buttertubs pass on its way to Hawes. I can't make the run but watching the programme has made me determined to do the run one day.

Quote Originally Posted by The Silver Fox View Post
    For anyone who is interested in going on this run, you can get a taster of part of the route ( albeit in the opposite direction) by watching the BBC 4 documentary 'All Aboard The Country Bus', which was originally shown on Bank Holiday Monday evening but is still available on i player. This is a two hour film shot in real time from cameras on the No 830 Dalesman bus running between Richmond and Ingleton. There is no commentary and no background music. Four million people watched it when it was shown on Monday evening! If you don't want to watch it all, fast forward to 31 minutes in where the bus reaches Reeth and watch the next hour as the bus goes over Buttertubs pass on its way to Hawes. I can't make the run but watching the programme has made me determined to do the run one day.
    I set it to record/download last night. I'll watch it on X2 speed to hopefully get the 'real' experience!

Very much looking forward to this run out. Let's hope the great weather continues.

Still a few places left so it's not too late to sign up.

A maybe here. Depending what the weather looks like towards the end of next week. Looks a superb route, I've always wanted to do the Buttertubs Pass

Quote Originally Posted by Sillyhatday View Post
    A maybe here. Depending what the weather looks like towards the end of next week. Looks a superb route, I've always wanted to do the Buttertubs Pass

Great! Hope you get to come and show off your car!

Thanks, I would hope to nosey at everyone elses too

Not to derail this topic but I have replied to my intro thread, its just not shown up yet

MR2 Newbie
    Sadly won't be able to make this run, although was up in Hawes and Buttertubs a few weeks ago, a glorious day, and had the pleasure of meeting the EVO magazine team doing a photo shoot for their 'Hyperhatch' feature in the latest EVO mag.

Have a great run some cracking roads to be found away from the main touristy areas.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	016.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	96.3 KB 
ID:	3858Click image for larger version. 

Name:	091.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	98.7 KB 
ID:	3859Click image for larger version. 

Name:	108.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	97.2 KB