Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A tale of illicit Introductions.

A tale of illicit Introductions.

"Forgive me Father for I have sinned. It has been some time since I saw you last, and there is much to tell, much to be ashamed of."

Father: "It has indeed been a long time since your last confession - well over a year."

"Yes, and unfortunately I have little time, so where to start? I had another yearning just before Christmas, it was the same yearning I had this time the year before last, you remember, when I met up with another? Back then, I started looking for one completely different from before but they were too out of reach, out of my league."

Father: "but I thought you had overcome this . . this obsession?"

"So did I. When I finally settled on one last year, she was a red stunner, a t-bar with leather a plenty, it was the best thing, words cannot describe. The seats and the engine, oh the engine! She was a Gloucester gal who needed a little affection, but she wasn't greedy, she needed care and a fine bit of fettling, to bring the smile back. I serviced her good and proper too, loved it she did!"

Father: "steady my child. Do you have evidence?"

A crumpled photograph passed across the booth.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E540 KPA (2).jpg 
Views:	190 
Size:	98.0 KB 
ID:	1372

"I took her out I did, many times, but only in the dry you see, she never got her arches wet, but then I . . . I got side tracked - work, social occasions, other commitments, you must know how it is, but she was never neglected, that wouldn't do. She wasn't my first, but . . . anyway, I . . . I had naughty thoughts, thinking of another behind her back, lusting after the one above all others, THE ONE."

"So out I went again, searching, wanting, then by chance I went on one of these chat rooms, I know, I know, I couldn't help myself, I was hungry, I had to feed!"

A stifled cry could be heard behind the curtain.

"The squire's name was John, or Clarky as he's known on the chat room. He said she was a fine filly, that she was, an overstatement by a long way. Some say, a tribute to her previous owner, who paid a King's ransom to have her restored."

"Together we arranged a midday liaison and the deed was done, much to the squire's regret. I tempted her to come home with me this very new year, and she's been in a dry barn ever since, waiting for the sun to warm her back, and the Silverstone Classic of course."

Father: "Not another Super Red?"

A second photograph passes across, and another desperate cry could be heard.

Name:	E258 VGN (2).jpg 
Views:	189 
Size:	94.0 KB 
ID:	1373

"Is everything okay Father, have you heard enough already?"

Father: "no, no, go on my child."

"It's the only colour, for lovers, for all the best sports cars - the colour of emotions. Ever since the late eighties when I was bold enough to own a mark one, you remember? The black overtones on the bumpers, the rear rubber covered triangular sill mouldings and those red and black velour seats. Heaven! She was a B plate, but she deserved a better one and she got it."

Name:	MR2 Mk1a XJU7 b.jpg 
Views:	193 
Size:	91.6 KB 
ID:	1374

"We went everywhere we did, Edinburgh, London, Brighton, the Lakes, the Cotswolds you name it. We even went surfing at Newquay and three up into Padstow, one astride the centre console, head out the sunroof! Not to mention the three up day trip to Wales. The pins and needles lasted for weeks! Those were the days, long since gone."

Father: "But what of the other, from last year?"

"She is still here, but is soon for pastures new, come the spring'. She needs a little loving, but has a good and solid heart."

Name:	Both Cars (2).jpg 
Views:	190 
Size:	101.0 KB 
ID:	1375

There were rapid echoing footsteps and then a loud bang, as the large oak door flew open with a crash, and the eerie sound of the lighting chains swaying as the wind blew through the church and down the aisle.

"Father. Father?" I pulled the curtain back, and Father O'Brien had fled.
    Last edited by Vistalite; 21st November 2015 at 08:09 PM.

Awesome!

Excellent!

MR2 Newbie
    Indeed the car is awesome, excellent etc.etc. i'm sure there'll never be another like it. I still look into any empty garage and whimper!!

MR2 Fan
    looks mint

Thanks for the comments chaps.

Just thought I'd make my introductions in an original way - not so much Ian Rankin, more Barbara Cartland!

Great introduction - Welcome to the club.

Great introduction!

love it

welcome

MR2 Newbie
    ...and E540 KPA is still going strong
    In fact, it was his birthday yesterday! 28 years old...maybe I'll treat it to a wash...