Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another Newbie

I would say for front and rear arches that ebay might be your best chance to find some with minimal rust. Although t&n mk1 parts do sell rear arch repair panels that require a bit of fitting
    Yes i talk to myself, sometimes i need a professional opinion

MR2 Newbie
    So I've been busy and I've ordered a few bits and bobs, including sills, corners and repair arches. I've also ordered a set of decals and pinstripes. I would like a new front wing but as we all know they are like hens teeth, the bodyshop has said he'd be able to repair the bottom corner so I might just go for that, it's actually not too bad. I'm now looking at tyres, the tyres that are on at present have plenty tread but they are old and cracked and well past their sell by date, I'm a bit of a stickler when it comes to rubber so I'll get some decent tyres, they are pretty cheap even for premium brands. Any recommendations welcome. I might also look around for a set of good teardrop alloys, the ones I have are poor, I'm not even sure proper refurb will sort them.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Lofty View Post
    So I've been busy and I've ordered a few bits and bobs, including sills, corners and repair arches. I've also ordered a set of decals and pinstripes. I would like a new front wing but as we all know they are like hens teeth, the bodyshop has said he'd be able to repair the bottom corner so I might just go for that, it's actually not too bad. I'm now looking at tyres, the tyres that are on at present have plenty tread but they are old and cracked and well past their sell by date, I'm a bit of a stickler when it comes to rubber so I'll get some decent tyres, they are pretty cheap even for premium brands. Any recommendations welcome. I might also look around for a set of good teardrop alloys, the ones I have are poor, I'm not even sure proper refurb will sort them.
    You've been busy.
    Quick mention the sills from t&n require a reasonable amount of fitting as i found out when putting them on mine, they are a tad to big but can be fitted.
    Good luck with the work
    Yes i talk to myself, sometimes i need a professional opinion