Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Spares or Repair- quick sale please.

Bloody 260, it's a crime! Haha. Let us know how you get on with moving it on. How are you finding the other one you bought?

Who would have thought a car at give away money would be so hard to get shot of! All I want is the bloody thing out my way and its being everything but straight forward. I cant get a response from the guy thats won the ebay listing at all so I am inclined to say who ever gets here with cash first can have the car. Not interested in I will have it in a months this time when I have the space etc- its cheap, you wont lost money on it and I need it gone so anyone interested get up to MK with 250 and you can have it.

Yes love the White one thanks Adam. The main issue with that one is I am too much of a nancy with it, I love it too much to use it! Start slowing right down if there is a puddle in the road etc. I am now going to buy a car of some sort thats a similar age that I care slightly less about to use as an every day car. Might get a MK2 MR2 or something. Do love it to bits though and great fun to drive. Took it to its first classic show last weekend. I was the only one there in any sort of MR2 which I was surprised about. Was a bit frustrating really, eveyone walking round was more intent on asking the bloke parked next to me about his heap of junk 2CV and mine didnt get much attention which I was incredulous at but each to their own!

Mine gets driven like the beast that it wants to be! Just remember it is a toyota! Haha

Yes I am one of these sad people that the enjoyment of owning a car like this is in cleaning it and keeping it mint rather than driving it really. I raced single seater race cars for 17 years so I've had enough years of driving things hard and more want this as a show car really. Mind you rather stupidly being protective over it at the weekend on the way home I went and got the throttle pedal stuck under the Matt and as I went to change gear the poor old girl was smashing the hell out of the rev limiter before I was able to hook my toe under the pedal and bring it back up!

Your White one looks a real peach, and I love the wheels. It's no wonder you are very careful with her.

Thanks mate. Its the main reason I am not too bothered about the loss of money on the yellow one because I picked the White one up for £2800 so if was to add the £550 I am going to lose on the yellow one and add that £550 to the value of the White one there is clearly over £3350 worth of value in the White one so I like to the think I recovered that little mistake!

The White one has spent most of its life with a mechanic who clearly knew what he was doing. When you get underneath it all the water pipes have been replaced, red brake hoses, all under sealed. It was really a really good find. Front right suspension did start knocking at the weekend but hopefully nothing too major.

I've had a knock since having mine. Front passenger wheel. Only at low speeds. I've replaced the steering rack, tie bars, track rod ends, drop links, arb bushes and brackets, only thing I can think of is shock absorber top mount or ball joint... But it just passed an MOT and the tester couldn't find the knock.
    Does yours knock when stationary if you wiggle the steering wheel to the left??

Steering cloum uj could be worn .I've had this problem before and was a total swine to find but it was the uj joint between the rack and steering colum .It only knocked at low speeds but could feel it through the steering wheel '
    Last edited by mk1 dal; 8th April 2016 at 03:43 AM.

I have read in various places that it could be that. What a bugger! Especially the way it sits by your pedals under your nose the whole time.. Laughing at you.

What's the best way to feel if it's the uj that's at fault?

This is now mine chaps.
    Restoration will begin towards the end of the year.