Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Spares or Repair- quick sale please.

Brilliant. Good luck with the project

MR2 Lurker
    Ah man, I'm after a project for the summer ready for JAE in September, only saved a little so far so not really ready to buy as yet, saw this on eBay and was working out an offer but budget in transport costs. Then I saw it sold
    Oh well a little more saving to do

They do come up cheap every now and again but this is a million miles from a basket case and I'm very pleased with it.

MR2 Fan
    Excellent news Shift+R improves the quality of this image. Shift+A improves the quality of all images on this page.

MR2 Lurker
    Quote Originally Posted by adamstanford View Post
    They do come up cheap every now and again but this is a million miles from a basket case and I'm very pleased with it.
    Fair play bud, nice project there

Quote Originally Posted by MylesHSG View Post
    Excellent news Shift+R improves the quality of this image. Shift+A improves the quality of all images on this page.
    Black is not a colour ! .... Its the absence of colour

I am really pleased Adam got this because he knows a lot about these cars, can do the work himself and it will be rescued and not scrapped which was really on the cards at one stage.

For me as someone that is not the practical with cars I found it hard to get that excited about the car as I couldn't see past a tatty, rusty car. Fair play to you guys that can see past that though and put all the effort on to keep these cars alive. I obviously took a reasonable hit on this car in a short space of time so not one of my better moments but happy I'm not going to be responsible for its demise as I could have been! Keep us updated with progress Adam. Wish you were changing the yellow though!

Haha I certainly will, it's not garaunteed that I will keep it yellow, but it's a very strong possibility, but when it's done it'll look like it was yellow from the factory. I've had a little drive in it just to check everything that should work works, and tbh I'm pleasantly surprised with the way it runs and drives, no nasty surprises and the car was everything you said it was.
    The short shifter looks to be of great quality and may find its way into my red car before long lol.. As I promised I wouldn't do the car before I move house... But I didn't say anything about the red one! Haha. I kind of like the alloys that are on it. All 3 of them lol so may try to find a tsw replacement for wheel no. 4.. But who knows. The welding required isn't as bad as it looks and won't take too long I wouldn't have thought, there's a lot more good than bad about this car. And I am growing attached to it already. So it sits under its little cover waiting to come back to life. Roll on next summer where it will be hitting the back roads like a massive yellow turd.
    Thanks for the great buy crossie! And I'll keep you in on the progress.

Just sent you a PM Adam.

Good luck with the restoration! We enjoyed owning Mr. Yellow.

Quote Originally Posted by adamstanford View Post
    Haha I certainly will, it's not garaunteed that I will keep it yellow, but it's a very strong possibility, but when it's done it'll look like it was yellow from the factory. I've had a little drive in it just to check everything that should work works, and tbh I'm pleasantly surprised with the way it runs and drives, no nasty surprises and the car was everything you said it was.
    The short shifter looks to be of great quality and may find its way into my red car before long lol.. As I promised I wouldn't do the car before I move house... But I didn't say anything about the red one! Haha. I kind of like the alloys that are on it. All 3 of them lol so may try to find a tsw replacement for wheel no. 4.. But who knows. The welding required isn't as bad as it looks and won't take too long I wouldn't have thought, there's a lot more good than bad about this car. And I am growing attached to it already. So it sits under its little cover waiting to come back to life. Roll on next summer where it will be hitting the back roads like a massive yellow turd.
    Thanks for the great buy crossie! And I'll keep you in on the progress.
    You can rebuild it whilst looking to move house - hell i've rebuilt mine twice whilst moving house and saving for a wedding lol