Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kent Coast run.. 17th April

MR2 Obsessive
    Quote Originally Posted by MylesHSG View Post
    Cheers Alan, looking forward to it. Just need a phone mount so I can get those routes on my google maps and use it as a sat nav.
    that is what i am hoping a few people will use.. first time tying it.. if all goes to plan will continue to use it in future
    Joint South East area organiser any questions please ask
    If you make it idiot proof.... they will make a better idiot

MR2 Obsessive
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan SE View Post
    If anyone makes it on Sunday please come and say hello. This is my Mk1 with a boot rack, that's me in the red cap which I shall be wearing on Sunday and that's my son Mark on the electric scooter, he'll be there as well. You can't really miss us.

Here's looking forward to another great day
    I'll say hi.. I'f its sunny you won't miss me or ben you'll hear us

What cars are you and Ben coming with on Sunday and will we be able to keep up!

MR2 Obsessive
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan SE View Post
    What cars are you and Ben coming with on Sunday and will we be able to keep up!
    Ahh surprise surprise

MR2 Fan
    I'll be at the back not holding anyone up!

really excited for this. my first club meet

MR2 Fan
    Phone mount bought. All systems go, just need to top up with petrol and I'll be all set for the morning.

MR2 Obsessive
    great day, thanks every one for coming.,.

Kent Run report

It was a perfect day for a ride in the Kent country side. Everyone met nice and early so there was plenty of time to chat before the run started. It was good to see some old faces, Ray and Alex with his wife Sarah, plus some new faces especially those who came from the Mk1 club John and Myles so it was nice to have some company. Pete Mason usually heads the run driving something non MR2 and this year didn’t disappoint us by arriving in a race prepped Caterham or something similar, Ben came in one also so it was going to be a challenge keeping up with them that day plus there was a new route to contend with. We started on schedule at 11.30am and whizzed up one junction of the A20 to Junction 10. With so many cars it is difficult to pass through all the multiple traffic lights together and that’s what happened to the last four cars (all Mk1’s). When finally through the sets of lights there was no sign of mr2’s in sight so we carried on in the general direction. However, we were soon lost so stopped to decide what to do. We knew where our next stop was and we had a map so decided to press on with our own little convoy and managed to meet up with the rest of the group at the Pilot Inn. After lunch we were off again doing quite adrenaline inducing speeds towards Camber, our usual catch up stop was bypassed because the stopping place was a disused Little Chef car park but is now a shed factory open for business so we didn’t think they would appreciate us all stopping there for a break so we continued on towards the next stopping point the Worlds End Pub. We were going along nicely in a convoy of about eight cars led by Lee Beech in a Mk3. I’m sure we should have taken a left turn but Lee went straight ahead and everyone else followed, so what the heck we all followed him. I knew it wasn’t the right route and kept thinking Lee would realise and turn back, He’d done this run as many times as I have, but he didn’t, we carried on for a fare few miles. All of a sudden coming from the opposite way was the group of the Mr2’s we were supposed to be following, they passed by flashing their headlights as they realised we were a lost group. Being country roads it’s not that easy to turn around so it took a little time to find a suitable turning point. Of course by the time we all turned around the main group had long gone. Ray set up his Sat Nav to work out how to get to the next stop. It was “only 10 minutes away” he said so we all followed him thinking we were nearly there. Then he turned left into a very narrow lane but he didn’t notice the sign that said “Not suitable for Vehicles”. We saw the sign so stopped and waited assuming he would return, but he didn’t. Oh what to do? We didn’t fancy an unmade road so continued for a few miles hopelessly lost, but then we managed to pick up internet connection and Sarah used her phone to find our way. By the time we arrived at the pub the other Mr2’s had gone. After a short break we continued on our way to the finishing point where all the others were waiting. Big thanks to Pete for organizing the day.

Eurika Business park Ashford

Some of the cars from the Mk1 club

Approaching the 1st roundabout

At the Pilot Inn Dungeness for lunch

On the move after lunch

Camber Sands

Towards Rye

Not sure where we are or where we are going

But obvious not this way (No we didn’t go down there}

The Worlds Wonder pub

Back in Ashford outside the French Connection

Pete and Ben’s cars

From the left, Ray, Alex and his wife Sarah and Myles

Alan, Mark & Steve have a well earned pint before heading for home. Cheers everybody!!