Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First time Mk1a owner - Worcestershire

MR2 Lurker

First time Mk1a owner - Worcestershire

Hello all,

Just bought myself a C reg Mk1a, my first Mark 1. Absolutely delighted with it so far, zero problems to report other than a leaky sunroof and some slightly worrying noises from the shocks (nothing too pressing).

I have made it watertight with the aid of some clear tape and will hopefully get the sunroof off in January to have a proper look. My guess will be rubber seals perished and drains blocked.

The car has a massive service history, the last owner having had 7 Mk1s at one point. This one was bought as a spares/repairs but he decided it was too good to break and it was restored in 2008 - all arches/welding etc. done.

I look forward to learning more about these fantastic cars from you here, and hopefully making it to a meet if you organise them?

No doubt I will soon have questions for everyone so will join up for full membership.

Thanks,

Darren.

Welcome. Very nice! Black MR2s are rare and MK1as even rarer. Nice find.

The car looks very good and there are a few other members not too far from you.

MR2 Lurker
    Yeah, I'm delighted with it so far. The suspension is knocking a bit so will get that looked at in January, it doesn't feel serious at all though.

I was on the look out for a white one and this popped up near my wife's family home so I was able to pop over easily to have a look. It joins the family of a CRX and an Alfa GTV, so it's clear that I have a 'type' when it comes to cars!

I've paid for membership of the club and hope to be able to help wherever I can! (my mechanical skills are zero but I make a mean coffee and I have a large warehouse and space to store cars!)

Cool car!! Wish I had a warehouse suspension knocks are a great way to skin your knuckles and learn about these beautiful machines. I've gone through a fair wedge of mine now suspension wise and I've been impressed at how things come apart.

HI Down the road in gloucestershire - cheltenham - if you need any help, couple of members down here , and think there will be a regional meet down here in the new year, you need to catch up with mel scrivin who looks after the region and lives in gloucester - cheers malcolm.

Hi and welcome,car looks great.

MR2 Lurker
    Thanks for the welcome everyone, the car will be going under a cover tonight after work until January (I'm away over Christmas) then I can start work on bringing it up to former glory!

Hi Darren

I used to live in Evesham and nothing much went on round there despite me trying! So you're more than welcome to anything we get up to - keep an eye on South West (Tewkesbury Classic Car show should be near enough to you!)

Mel
    Mel Scrivin, South West & Wales LAO and Donington Historic Festival Co-ordinator
    MelR2Mk1@btinternet.com
    South West & Wales Area Meets
    None currently, watch this space! - - See 2016 SW&W Show Calendar here.
    Donington Historic Festival, 30/4 to 2/5/2016. Forum thread here

A mk1a in Black looking like it's in great condition - you should be very, very pleased with yourself!

Welcome to the club!