Thread: South West and Wales LAO Communication

South West and Wales LAO Communication

Below is an e-mail sent to all members registered in South West (TR,PL,TQ,EX,TA,DT,BH,GL,BS,BA) and Wales (CF,NP,NPT,LL,SY,SA,LD,HR) postcodes. If you're a member in this area and did NOT receive the email, please let me know (several people do not have an email address registered with the club).

If you're in the area and using the forum, and you're not a member...WHY NOT? Get your ten quid in and let me know and I'll add you to the next missive.
    Mel Scrivin, South West & Wales LAO and Donington Historic Festival Co-ordinator
    MelR2Mk1@btinternet.com
    South West & Wales Area Meets
    None currently, watch this space! - - See 2016 SW&W Show Calendar here.
    Donington Historic Festival, 30/4 to 2/5/2016. Forum thread here

Hi Folks

Some of you may be used to being contacted by Peter Scatchard, who is LAO for the Upper Thames Branch of the MR2 Mk1 Club. I’ve recently moved from Evesham (back) to Gloucester, and since the South West LAO position was empty, the North Cotswolds Area has been absorbed into the Midlands, and I have asked Tom Mundy to re-jig our neck of the world so that GL, BA and BS Postcodes are included with South West Postcodes, and asked for Wales to be included as well! This gives us a nice chunky lump of the country, albeit currently only with 20 members! I am now, therefore, LAO for South West and Wales area. You will, of course, still be most welcome at UTB meets if you attend!

I hope that most of you make good use of the club forum, www.mr2mk1club.com. We have our own sub-forum at http://www.mr2mk1club.com/forumdispl...?85-South-West and I hope you will keep an eye on it. I have posted a calendar of events for 2016, and I hope you’ll be inspired to attend! If anyone has any other shows near them that they love, please do let me know so I can add them to the list! We are blessed in Gloucestershire with several great local car shows, and we’re not a million miles from most of the country, thanks to the M5, so some of the major national events are easily attended too. If you’ve not been to Silverstone yet, I can highly recommend it, and if it seems a bit dear (even with 2for1) do give Donington a go, it is rapidly catching up with Silverstone, but is still about half the price!

I’m also hoping to arrange quarterly socials, especially during the winter months! My plan was for Wednesday evenings at the http://www.whitminsterinn.co.uk/. It’s only 2 miles from M5 Jn13, so easily accessible. The pub has your standard (probably above standard to be honest) English restaurant, but also the added attraction of on-site Chinese and Indian sit-in restaurants AND takeaways. I can highly recommend the Indian, perhaps take one home after the meet to placate your other half...? Obviously some of you are a long way away, it being a big area to cover, but again the M5 helps and it would be great to see you. The pub has a large car park right beside the A38, perfect for showing off our beasts in summer!

I hope to keep in touch with you all via email, so even if you don’t go on the forum you won’t feel too left out! Do let me know if I can help with anything, and let me know of any shows I’m missing out on! (Also please let me know if you’d prefer not to be contacted by email)

Mel
    Mel Scrivin, South West & Wales LAO and Donington Historic Festival Co-ordinator
    MelR2Mk1@btinternet.com
    South West & Wales Area Meets
    None currently, watch this space! - - See 2016 SW&W Show Calendar here.
    Donington Historic Festival, 30/4 to 2/5/2016. Forum thread here