Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 1987 Mk1b Coupe in white

MR2 Newbie
    I've had some queries on the 'Chris Wilson pads so here are a couple of threads on them, Chris was a racer who had a 4A-GE engined special and used to post on the MR2DC forum years ago.

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtop...ghlight=wilson

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtop...ghlight=wilson

Before anybody gets too excited I need to see if I can find them in the garage!

Simon.

Hi Simon

PM'd

Well priced, like others have said bodywork depending could be worth a bit more, I think good MR2's with minimal bodywork issues are worth £2-2.5k. Just sourced one for my friend, 77k miles, full MOT no advisories, massive History, minimal bodywork needed,completely stock aside from lowered and stainless exhaust, immaculate interior,including lovely original cassette player all for £2100.

Get some pics up may have someone interested in this, even if price goes up a touch bodywork dependant.

MR2 Newbie
    OK I've added some pictures to the first page and here is a link to a google album with them in and a few extra including the Chris Wilson pads; https://goo.gl/photos/xUj7ygoJsu57FiX38

Few more bits of info / comments; mileage is 80410 (not 90000), tyres are Bridgestone Potenzas with ~5mm of tread, visible in the pictures is some surface rust on the nearside rear arch, on the valence under the rear bumper and the spark-plug cover between the cam covers. One of the rear mudflaps has become detached so that will need sorting, the steering wheel is a Mota Lita and may not be to everyone's taste - I have the original although it does need recovering.

Simon.

Hi Simon.
    Having seen the pictures I would agree that the car should be advertised for more. Looks more like a 2k car to me if the floor pans are all good.
    If the wheel proves not to be to the buyers taste, I may be interested in it for my triumph if the price is right.

If the wheels are original diamond cut pepper pots they also have some good value as they are rare sc wheels.

The plate may fetch a few quid too (150-200 or so to the right buyer )

Good luck with the sale. Looks like a great car.

Chrys

Looks good, stick it up for £2k

I mean fair play if you're only after such a small amount. The car has far exceeded what I thought for the money. I think youbcould hold out and get an easy 2k+ for it. But at your price if it's as tidy as it appears I think it'd be an absolute steal. I wish I had 1400 saved for it haha.

I agree with all previous posts even though winter is approaching, so don't undersell yourself. It's got low mileage and is in good nick according to the photos, oh and don't just rely on advertising here, get it up on a few other sites aswell.

Nice steering wheel btw, but if you've got the original I'd stick it back on iiwy.

Good luck.

MR2 Newbie
    OK I've pricced it at £1700.
    The wheels are just standard pepperpots - I had them refurbed by pristine wheels but after a year or so the lacquer started to lift so they need re-doing to bring them up to the standard of the rest of the car.
    If anybody is interested in the pads I'm looking for £70 including postage.

Simon.

MR2 Newbie
    Car has now been sold and is off to a new home in Ireland.

Simon.