Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast

Thread: ** Save the Date! ** - Silverstone Classic 2016 - 29th to 31st July 2016

This was the stand yesterday, not the greatest of pics. Gary was performing an impromtu engine tech when we arrived

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	12.9 KB 
ID:	3749

The cloud cover broke up quite quickly producing plenty of sunshine, and there were a lot of people in attendance so a very good day all in all.

Views:	66 
Size:	12.8 KB 
ID:	3752

There were lots of great track racing and then the hot air balloons set off in the late afternoon sun.

On the evenings' entertainment, Reef was very impressive

Views:	63 
Size:	19.7 KB 
ID:	3753

and the AC DC tribute act was, well a tribute act, but after two numbers from The Stranglers, we departed. I think they're only for the die hard fan unless you'd had a skinful by then.
    Last edited by Vistalite; 31st July 2016 at 03:20 PM.

Thanks for arranging a great weekend, Tom!

Thanks for being an awesome neighbour, the chilli & curry, Graham!

Thanks for being part of a great weekend, everyone else!

Last edited by Master-B; 31st July 2016 at 06:18 PM.

MR2 Obsessive
    Great to see everyone, this event gets better every year. Lots of late nights and great chat, roll on next year when hopefully Mike will be going again

It was a fantastic weekend. As I said a few times, it was like someone had built a theme-park just for me!
    We'll be back next year, and we've just booked tickets for the 2017 British Grand Prix!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks to everyone for a fantastic weekend! Great fun, amazingly good company, fantastic cars, great racing and so much more.

Really looking forward to doing it all again next year.

Thanks Tom for all your hard work - it is very much appreciated.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Gilles27 View Post
    we've just booked tickets for the 2017 British Grand Prix!!
    Sweeeeeeet!

I had a look round the stand on Saturday. No one was on it at the time so didnt get to say hello to anyone. Great stand, and great to see A MK1 representation in among all the exotic cars there. There was one Red example on display which is the most mint example of a MK1 I have ever seen- beautiful car who ever that one belongs to.

I did also see a very young looking guy walking round in a Black T-Shirt with a White MK1 design printed on the front. Not sure if that was someone from the club or just a coincidence

Quote Originally Posted by Crossle View Post
    I had a look round the stand on Saturday. No one was on it at the time so didnt get to say hello to anyone. Great stand, and great to see A MK1 representation in among all the exotic cars there. There was one Red example on display which is the most mint example of a MK1 I have ever seen- beautiful car who ever that one belongs to.

I did also see a very young looking guy walking round in a Black T-Shirt with a White MK1 design printed on the front. Not sure if that was someone from the club or just a coincidence
    The young lad with the black t-shirt was at the stand early Saturday - lives in Belgium and has a MK1 and is looking for a sump - Gary suggested he posts on here.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Crossle View Post
    There was one Red example on display which is the most mint example of a MK1 I have ever seen- beautiful car who ever that one belongs to.
    That'd be me and glad you liked her.

It's the one in the second pic of my post from yesterday at the top of this page. See this also: http://www.mr2mk1club.com/showthread...-Introductions

Shame I wasn't about to say hello as I'm the one down the road a bit from you, remember?

Jonathan

What a fantastic weekend!

Thank you to all those that attended and those that popped by the stand to say hello (sorry we missed you Crossle).

The weather was on our side this time, which was a great help and made for wall to wall smiles from everyone all weekend. This event just keeps getting bigger and better. So many memories from this one; great music from Boomtown Rats, Reef and The Stranglers, big wheel ride, smokey passenger ride in a Jag, cars, cars, cars, so much racing, meeting Freddie Hunt, hot air balloons, aerial displays, drag racing and top company.

Roll on next year!!!!