Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread: ** Save the Date! ** - Silverstone Classic 2016 - 29th to 31st July 2016

MR2 Newbie
    It was a good weekend, and good to catch up with the friendly members as always. Saturday was a very good day with plenty to see, the International pits is always good for a wander around and see the expensive stuff up close and unhindered - not like the ever so precious F1 stuff! - Highlights for me were the Can-Am series, nice to hear those 7 litre McLaren Chevrolets being brayed, the twilight Group C race is always good with flaming exhausts, although a noticeable diminished number of cars on the grid this year. Musically, well, Live/Wire we saw 2 minutes as for Reef, erm, no.. we gave The Stranglers the benefit of the doubt but 10 minutes was enough and we left, Sunday was quiet at the International pits, with a lot of competitors packing up by midday. (Sunday could have been better on a personal level, one of the pleasures of being a diabetic!) My only real gripe from the weekend was the food vendors, I know they have to make a profit but they were taking the proverbial!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	012.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	97.0 KB 
ID:	3761Click image for larger version. 

Name:	017.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	96.3 KB 
ID:	3762Click image for larger version. 

Name:	077.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	95.4 KB 
ID:	3763Click image for larger version. 

Name:	283.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	97.6 KB 
ID:	3764Click image for larger version. 

Name:	332.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	92.5 KB 
ID:	3765

Quote Originally Posted by Vistalite View Post
    That'd be me and glad you liked her.

It's the one in the second pic of my post from yesterday at the top of this page. See this also: http://www.mr2mk1club.com/showthread...-Introductions

Shame I wasn't about to say hello as I'm the one down the road a bit from you, remember?

Jonathan
    Its a credit to you Jonathan. I would class mine as show room condition but yours is forefront of the showroom condition! Really like what you've done with the wheels- youve bought a stock wheel to life.

Shame I couldnt make this one- have to be more organised next year and be good to see if we can drum up some sort of of interest for a local meet.

Sounds like a great time was had by all, pity finances plus the 50th birthday of the other half and house moving for my stepdaughter put paid to any plans of going this year, maybe next year all these tiny problems will not crop up all in one go.

MR2 Newbie
    A few of the club stand ...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	555.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	94.6 KB 
ID:	3769Click image for larger version. 

Name:	558.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	96.8 KB 
ID:	3770Click image for larger version. 

Name:	559.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	97.2 KB 
ID:	3771

Great photos Phil!

Race highlights from the 2016 #SilverstoneClassic will be shown on ITV4 at 21.00 on Thursday, 11th August.

Sorry to resurrect an old past event but I thought some of you might like a few more photos from this event. I got a few photos of this club! Before I even joined this club. So here you go:

MR2 by Dan Simpson, on Flickr
    This had something Like 20v on the back. It got a 20v 4AGE in it?

AW11 MR2 by Dan Simpson, on Flickr

AW11 by Dan Simpson, on Flickr

I'll be going next year in the MR2, I can't wait, it was such a great event