Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Donington Historic Festival

2016 Donington Historic Festival

A date for your diaries ladies and gentlemen. The Donington Historic Festival takes place on Sat 30th April to Monday 2nd May 2016. This will be the sixth year of the festival which has seen it grow from a tiny event to something much closer to the Silverstone Classic, with a full programme of racing on the track, along with fully open and accessbile pits and a trade village (though without evening entertainment, but it remains far cheaper). Donington is conveniently located in the East Midlands (Derby, DE74 2RP) just off the M1 and A42.

http://www.doningtonhistoric.com/

Tickets are priced as follows, however until 5pm Sunday 24th April you can use a code (available from me by PM) to get two tickets for the price of one.
    £21 Saturday, Sunday or Monday single day ticket (£28 on the day)
    £34 Saturday + Sunday or Sunday + Monday 2-day ticket (£45)
    £48 3-day weekend ticket (£65)

Like Silverstone, Car Clubs are also given the privilege of infield parking. You MUST request your infield passes at the same time as your tickets, and ONLY display vehicles may enter the infield area. Cars must be onsite between 11am & 3pm (arrival from 7:30am) There is also a car club parade each day, done on a lottery basis - so no guarantees.

All Club tickets must be bought in advance, using the club code, which then only allows multiples of two to be selected, and gives the option of infield passes. There is no facility for club officials to request infield passes, so if you miss the 24th April deadline you CANNOT display on the club stand (and will have to buy far dearer tickets, obviously)

I attended the first two years and have to say the infield areas are great and allow you good visibility of the track, so the amount of walking was far less than at Silverstone! If you do buy tickets PLEASE LET ME KNOW, so that I can let the organisers know how many of us there will be on each day and request parade entry.

Donington Historic Festival - Donington Park, Saturday, Sunday, Monday, April 30th, May 1st and May 2nd 2016.
    With close-fought racing every day, over 400 historic racing cars spanning seven decades, historic rally car and karting action and a ‘living motoring museum’ created by dozens of car clubs displays – plus a host of other attractions – exhilaration and entertainment is guaranteed, whether you buy a ticket for one, two or all three days! On each day of the Festival gates open at 07.30am and the circuit activity starts at 9.10am, finishing at around 6.30pm. The provisional timetable will be announced early in 2016. Members of car clubs registered to attend the event benefit from a two-for-one ticket offer on advance discounted tickets when they quote their unique club code at time of booking (car club booking deadline is Sunday, April 24th and all car club tickets must be booked in advance), and, at the time of booking, will be asked to request the number of infield passes they require, allowing them to join the other cars on display in their club's dedicated infield parking area, to create a fantastic exhibit for all spectators to enjoy. Children aged 15 and under (accompanied by an adult) get in for free. www.doningtonhistoric.com

**Update** Club is attending SUNDAY:
    Sunday, 1st May
    09:10-10:50 - Qualifying
    11:05-12:35 - GT & Sports Car Cup for Pre-66 GT and Pre-63 Sportscars
    12:35-13:35 - Lunch Break / Parades and Demonstrations
    13:35-13:55 - HGPCA Nuvolari Trophy for pre-50 Grand Prix cars, Race 2
    14:10-15:10 - U2TC for pre-66 under two-litre Touring Cars
    15:25-15:50 - HSCC Historic Formula 2 International Series, Race 2
    16:05-17:05 - Royal Automobile Club Woodcote Trophy for pre-56 sportscars
    17:20-17:40 - HSCC Super Touring Car Trophy, Race 1
    17:55-18:55 - Pre-80 Endurance for sports racing, GT and Touring Cars

Accommodation info: http://www.donington-park.co.uk/about/accommodation/
    or
    http://www.parkfarmhouse.co.uk/caravan-site-tariff
    Last edited by MelR2Mk1; 15th April 2016 at 07:51 AM.
    Mel Scrivin, South West & Wales LAO and Donington Historic Festival Co-ordinator
    MelR2Mk1@btinternet.com
    South West & Wales Area Meets
    None currently, watch this space! - - See 2016 SW&W Show Calendar here.
    Donington Historic Festival, 30/4 to 2/5/2016. Forum thread here

This looks pretty good. Only an hour away. I may go for this will need to check my work much nearer the time. Can I plonk my car on the stand even if I only attend for 1 day?
    Thanks
    Adam

Quote Originally Posted by adamstanford View Post
    This looks pretty good. Only an hour away. I may go for this will need to check my work much nearer the time. Can I plonk my car on the stand even if I only attend for 1 day?
    Thanks
    Adam
    Yes absolutely! As long as you request your infield pass with your ticket, as there is no facility for club officials to request them! All Club tickets must be bought in advance, using the club code (which then only allows multiples of two to be selected, and gives the option of infield passes)
    Mel Scrivin, South West & Wales LAO and Donington Historic Festival Co-ordinator
    MelR2Mk1@btinternet.com

Already in my diary Mel! Looks like a cracking event.

Camping accommodation info is available here for anyone interested (the link is broken on the Donington accommodation website ):

http://www.parkfarmhouse.co.uk/caravan-site-tariff

woop, woop!

Quote Originally Posted by adamstanford View Post
    Thanks
    Adam
    Hi Adam,

It'll be great to have you along and to meet you. However, the club code will only be available to paid members. This is quick and easy to do and only costs a tenner via the link below:

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/payments.php

Joining also gives you a higher level of access on the forum and greater PM allowance etc. as well as getting discounts for events such as this.

Feel free to message me if you require any assistance or don't have PayPal.

Cheers,
    Tom

That's cool I'll join up payday! Thanks

Cool!

I've stickied this thread Mel!

Quote Originally Posted by tommundy View Post
    Cool!

I've stickied this thread Mel!
    Lovely jubbly, I wanted to do that when I posted, but obv don't have 'the power' (and I'll confirm membership with you for anyone who requests code!)
    MelR2Mk1@btinternet.com

Oh I've got to see the Estates Manager at Donington soon, they buy something from me to clean the circuit.
    Might be up for this.

MR2 Newbie
    All being well I'll be up for this - although only one day out of the three.

Phil