Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Yorkshire Run 2015 & Garage Tour

Yorkshire Run 2015 & Garage Tour

*UPDATE*
    The date is still Sunday September 27th. We won't be doing a garage tour so the start time will be 10am.

My phone number is 07920 772066 and my name is Anthony.

Meeting Point - The car park of Taybarns/Premier Inn just off Junction 36 (Southbound) or Junction 35A (Northbound) on the M1. Postcode is S75 3DL

There is a Shell Petrol station there if you need to fill up.

I have a run planned for the morning with hi-lights that include:
    *Driving past the end of my street.
    *Some twisty stuff on the Strines
    *Some nice scenery
    *A toilet/drink break
    *Some annoyed cyclists

We will stop for lunch at the Carding Shed where there is a very nice cafe or you can eat what you brung in the car park.

The afternoon run is looking good on paper, but isn't fully formed yet. I will be spending Saturday testing it out, but it'll be a tour of the hills surrounding Huddersfield/Holmfirth - 'Last Of The Summer Wine' country.

The date for the Yorkshire Run 2015 is Sunday September 27th. This is a slightly different day out to the usual runs as the majority of the driving will be done in the afternoon. The morning will consist of eating bacon and poking around old cars. If any of these activities appeal to you then read on....

Last year my wife told me about a place she'd been with a friend that had a lovely vintage tea-room and did great cake. Sounds ok? When she mentioned that the place also had loads of old cars I became very interested. The place is called The Carding Shed (I have no idea why!). I went there last week. It's a rather strange place. It's the home of IK Classics & Racing Services, who restore classics for road and for racing. My hope was that we could stop there for lunch during our run and also have a tour of their garages. They have told me that it wouldn't be possible, but they do have set dates when they do a morning tour that includes breakfast before the tour. Below are some photos of the garage area, which was roped when I took them so I couldn't see much. Also some pics of the cars in the cafe area.

As the tour starts at 10am and we will also be having breakfast there I propose that we meet at 8:30 and then go in convoy to the Carding Shed. It's £10 per person for breakfast and the tour. Afterwards we will do a run and stop somewhere for lunch. If anyone isn't interested in the tour or it's too early they could just get themselves to the Carding Shed before 11:30 and join us as we leave.

Details:

Meeting Point - The car park of Taybarns/Premier Inn just off Junction 36 (Southbound) or Junction 35A (Northbound) on the M1. Postcode is S75 3DL

We'll leave there at 08:30 and go to The Carding Shed. The postcode is HD9 1AF. We should be there about 09:00 for breakfast. The tour starts at 10:00. Carding Shed website: http://thecardingshed.co.uk/
    IK CLassics website: http://ikclassicsandracing.co.uk/

I think it will be be around 11:30 that we leave the Carding Shed. My intention is that we stop for an hour at 13:00 for lunch. The end point for the run will be the same as the start (Taybarns/Premier Inn) at around 4pm.

The Carding Shed require payment up front. I am happy to pay for everyone and collect the cash on the day as that seems simpler than everyone having to Paypal money to me. I will be making the payment on Sept 13th. One week before I will bump this thread with a reminder. If your name is on the list on Sept 13th I'll pay for you. If you then have to drop out and I can't get a refund I'll be asking for a payment via PayPal.

Please add your name below if you'd like to attend using this format:

Name No of people Cash You Owe

e.g.

Fred 2 £20
    George 1 £0 (not interested in tour)

If you want to pay up before the tour that would be great. Please Paypal a tenner to me at cuz.currie@gmail.com and let me know in the thread that you have done that so I can look out for it. Make sure you mark any payment as a gift otherwise Paypal take a bit!

Names so far:

1. Gilles27 (Anthony)
    2. BigP
    3. Bill Hulme 1 £10.00
    4. JohnsF 2 £20.00
    5. BigBoyzJunk 2 £20.00
    6. TomMundy 2 £20.00
    7. Mk1Dal 1 £10.00
    8. Andy 1 £10.00
    9. The Silver Fox 2 £20.00
    10. Jed 2 £20.00
    Last edited by Gilles27; 21st September 2015 at 08:14 PM.

Here are some pictures:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3614.jpg 
Views:	180 
Size:	93.2 KB 
ID:	2834Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3615.jpg 
Size:	92.3 KB 
ID:	2835Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3616.jpg 
Size:	91.4 KB 
ID:	2836Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3617.jpg 
Views:	179 
Size:	92.4 KB 
ID:	2837Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3619.jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	95.2 KB 
ID:	2838

More pics:

Name:	IMG_3620.jpg 
Size:	87.8 KB 
ID:	2839Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3622.jpg 
Views:	183 
Size:	94.7 KB 
ID:	2840Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3623.jpg 
Views:	182 
Size:	89.6 KB 
ID:	2841Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3624.jpg 
Size:	99.7 KB 
ID:	2842

I'll be joining up after the tour as I've been before; see you about 11.00am.

Sorry i cant make the 27th as i have a holliday booked so i will be diving in cyprus on that day. Enjoy the run it looks like a good one
    Yes i talk to myself, sometimes i need a professional opinion

Sorry Anthony I can't make the date - also booked to be away on holiday - hopefully on a road trip round Scotland.

Graham

Quote Originally Posted by Gilles27 View Post
    The date for the Yorkshire Run 2015 is Sunday September 27th. This is a slightly different day out to the usual runs as the majority of the driving will be done in the afternoon. The morning will consist of eating bacon and poking around old cars. If any of these activities appeal to you then read on....

Last year my wife told me about a place she'd been with a friend that had a lovely vintage tea-room and did great cake. Sounds ok? When she mentioned that the place also had loads of old cars I became very interested. The place is called The Carding Shed (I have no idea why!). I went there last week. It's a rather strange place. It's the home of IK Classics & Racing Services, who restore classics for road and for racing. My hope was that we could stop there for lunch during our run and also have a tour of their garages. They have told me that it wouldn't be possible, but they do have set dates when they do a morning tour that includes breakfast before the tour. Below are some photos of the garage area, which was roped when I took them so I couldn't see much. Also some pics of the cars in the cafe area.

As the tour starts at 10am and we will also be having breakfast there I propose that we meet at 8:30 and then go in convoy to the Carding Shed. It's £10 per person for breakfast and the tour. Afterwards we will do a run and stop somewhere for lunch. If anyone isn't interested in the tour or it's too early they could just get themselves to the Carding Shed before 11:30 and join us as we leave.

Details:

We'll leave there at 08:30 and go to The Carding Shed. The postcode is HD9 1AF. We should be there about 09:00 for breakfast. The tour starts at 10:00. Carding Shed website: http://thecardingshed.co.uk/
    IK CLassics website: http://ikclassicsandracing.co.uk/

I think it will be be around 11:30 that we leave the Carding Shed. My intention is that we stop for an hour at 13:00 for lunch. The end point for the run will be the same as the start (Taybarns/Premier Inn) at around 4pm.

The Carding Shed require payment up front. I am happy to pay for everyone and collect the cash on the day as that seems simpler than everyone having to Paypal money to me. I will be making the payment on Sept 13th. One week before I will bump this thread with a reminder. If your name is on the list on Sept 13th I'll pay for you. If you then have to drop out and I can't get a refund I'll be asking for a payment via PayPal.

Please add your name below if you'd like to attend using this format:

Name No of people Cash You Owe

e.g.

Fred 2 £20
    George 1 £0 (not interested in tour)

If you want to pay up before the tour that would be great. Please Paypal a tenner to me at cuz.currie@gmail.com and let me know in the thread that you have done that so I can look out for it. Make sure you mark any payment as a gift otherwise Paypal take a bit!

Names so far:

1. Gilles27 (Anthony)
    2. BigP
    3. Bill Hulme
    I Should make it early I will have to leave at 6,30 am in the morning,
    Bill.

Classic and Sports Car Magazine features a small article about IK Classics this month (September 2015):

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	101.2 KB 
ID:	2843

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	100.5 KB 
ID:	2844

It's well worth a tenner if you haven't been before and there's always plenty a great cars in the car park as well - there's a couple of hot ladies serving food if that's your thing as well ��

Hi Anthony,

Please put me and my brother down for the tour and breakfast.
    I'll pay you on the day. Is a plain brown envelope stuffed full of one £20 note suitable ?
    John.