Thread: my mr2's

MR2 Lurker

my mr2's

Hi guys im new to the forum i have two mr2's my daily drive is a blue 89 t bar i do like to drive it hard so it is fitted with 3 piece split rims and r888 cut slicks but it's my project mr2 that im most excited about it's a red 89 and is now in the work shop striped to the shell and awaiting shot blasting this car will be rebuilt from the ground up i haven't made up my mind yet but it will be given a v8 or possibly a v10 i would like to start a build thread if someone could point me in the direction of were to post it also opinions on engine choice would be welcomed

Weight would be a problem with a v8 or v10 it has been done before with Audi v8 see Woodsport, but Paul found it a hand full trying to get the power down and there was extensive body work mods, to fit it had to go north south not transverse cut the bulkhead and rear boot out then replace, made the inside very small.
    You could get round this with the newer gearbox that puts the drive shaft through the fly wheel.
    I've gone with the 2gr v6 325bhp with gouty exhausts and now we are fitting sc and standalone to get more out of them, all depends on your time money and skill set and what your end goal is.

Hi there,

Welcome to the forums!

In order to post a build thread (amongst lots of other advantages), you need to be a paid member. It only costs £10 per year and can be done via the link below with PayPal:

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/payments.php

Please get in touch if you require any assistance.

Looking forward to seeing some pictures of your current car.

Cheers,
    Tom